Interest in contributing to OpenBEL GSOC 2016

Djimeli Konrad

Mar 7, 2016, 1:05:07 PM3/7/16
to openbel...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is Djimeli Konrad a second year computer science student from the University of Buea, Cameroon. I am proficient in c, c++, javascript and python. I would like to contribute to OpenBEL for the Google Summer of Code 2016. I am interested in working on the project " BEL Parser ". I have previous experience developing a VRML-STL parser hosted on github ( https://github.com/djkonro/vrml-stl ) and also an X3D importer for BRL-CAD, GSoC 2015. I would like to get some pointer to some starting point that could give me a better understanding of the project.

Thanks
Konrad

Anthony Bargnesi

Mar 8, 2016, 10:51:15 AM3/8/16
to openbel-discuss
Konrad,

Thanks for your interest in OpenBEL. Unfortunately OpenBEL is not participating in GSoC 2016 this year.

We will keep you in mind for next year's program.

Thanks,
Tony

Djimeli Konrad

Mar 9, 2016, 5:06:50 AM3/9/16
to openbel-discuss
Hello Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I am just confused since I see OpenBEL listed as a sub organization under The Linux Foundation http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/google-summer-code-2016 , with the this ideas page http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/gsoc-2016-openbel-projects.

Thanks
Konrad

Anthony Bargnesi

Mar 15, 2016, 9:43:04 PM3/15/16
to openbel-discuss
Konrad,

Thanks for catching this. We were involved with the Linux Foundation during GSoC 2014, but no longer. OpenBEL is now a project under the tranSMART Foundation.

Thanks,
Tony