BEL Navigator 1.1.0

saqi...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 10:48:05 AM6/12/17
to openbel-discuss

Hi, I downloaded BEL Navigator 1.1.0 from https://github.com/OpenBEL/bel-nav/releases and OpenBEL Framework 3.0.0

Then I started Cytoscape 3.2.1 and went to Apps -> AppManager -> Install from File

I selected the belnav jar and installed

On the Apps pulldown in Cytoscape I can now see the BEL Navigator

Then in Cytoscape I went to File->New->Network->From Knowledge Network

But now I get a popup entitled 'Task Error' saying "Cannot invoke method getRow() on null object”

And another popup saying "Load Knowledge Network for null" but nothing seems to happen after that;

Any ideas?

best regards

Mansoor

Natalie Catlett

Jun 13, 2017, 10:18:52 PM6/13/17
to openbel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mansoor,

Here is a link to some older tutorials - they are not written for the BEL Navigator, but some of the general workflow concepts should apply - https://wiki.openbel.org/display/BEL/Training+Materials, specifically the KAM Navigator and the BEL Framework exercise tutorials.

A few questions - the following three steps are needed to successfully load a BEL network into the BEL Navigator

1. Have you compiled a KAM with the BEL framework?
2. After successfully compiling one or more KAMs, have you launched the BEL server (start-server.cmd)?
3. Have you configured the BEL Navigator App with the url for your BEL server?

Best,
Natalie

saqi...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2017, 8:15:23 AM6/14/17
to openbel-discuss, nataliea...@gmail.com
Hi - thanks for the link;
Re. the other points, I have compiled a KAM with the BEL framework, and I did start the BEL server (start-server.sh) and configured the App with the URL for the server.
best regards
Mansoor