BEL.bio announcement

William Hayes

Jan 31, 2018, 2:58:05 PM1/31/18
to openbel-discuss
The full details are here:  https://medium.com/biodati/bel-bio-announcement-c0a911373757

I'll have a follow-up article tomorrow discussing some of the design decisions (other than rewriting it in Python which the BEL Community strongly suggested) compared to OpenBEL (no BEL Language changes, tool/functionality/approaches).

One of the issues with the OpenBEL Platform is there is no company or funded group providing support for it. We have also just launched BioDati (https://medium.com/biodati/biodati-inc-announcement-af205a57d0cb) which is heavily dependent on BEL.bio so there will be at least one funded group providing commercial support and continuing development for the BEL.bio platform.

Not everything is ready to use, but most of the functionality to get started with it is there.

The main goal at this point though is to review what we have done and are doing to get feedback from the BEL Community.

Thank you!

BioDati Team