Installing and using Open BEAGLE on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Diego Velasquez

Sep 3, 2014, 1:43:06 PM9/3/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to install Open BEAGLE to implement the TSP with Time Windows for my thesis.

First I downloaded the last version 3.0.3, but I can't find on the web how to compile my .cpp from the Terminal... In other words I don't know which is the command line (g++ main.cpp -o main .....) to compile my .cpp including the Open BEAGLE libraries.

Can anyone help me??

Christian Gagné

Sep 3, 2014, 1:47:22 PM9/3/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Check the compilation howto for version 3.

https://code.google.com/p/beagle/downloads/detail?name=beagle-compil-howto-3.0.1-r1.pdf&can=2&q=#makechanges

It's getting old (9 years), but still is the best starting point to get it working.

Best,

Christian
> --
>
> ---

Christian Gagné
http://vision.gel.ulaval.ca/~cgagne

Diego Velasquez

Sep 3, 2014, 1:59:03 PM9/3/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!!

But I downloaded the pdf two weeks ago and I followed the instructions but I couldn't compile my main.cpp, the traceback error said the library "beagle/GP" isn't recognized...

#include <beagle/GP.hpp>
#include "SymbRegEvalOp.hpp"
using namespace Beagle;
int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {

return 0;
}

this is my main.cpp,

any suggestions?

Christian Gagné

Sep 3, 2014, 2:04:01 PM9/3/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It looks like you have not provided the include path to the compiler relatively to where your build of Open BEAGLE is installed.

Christian

Diego Velasquez

Diego Velasquez

Sep 4, 2014, 11:51:09 AM9/4/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

I attach you the traceback when I run "make" from the terminal (console) as the manual says on the 2.1 section (2.1 Building the libraries and examples on Unix)...

At the end says:
make[2]: *** [libpacc-util.lo] Error 1
make[2]: se sale del directorio «/home/intel/Documentos/Server/beagle-3.0.3/PACC/Util»
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio «/home/intel/Documentos/Server/beagle-3.0.3/PACC»
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

What can I do??

--

---

Diego
Captura de pantalla de 2014-09-04 10:41:39.png
Captura de pantalla de 2014-09-04 10:41:17.png

Christian Gagné

Sep 4, 2014, 2:42:08 PM9/4/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Two issues with your bug report here:

1) It is quite of difficult to provide support with error messages in Spanish. My knowledge of that language is very limited, it would be much more helpful and friendly to send error messages in English.

2) Your report is not really useful, that's the part before the first line that seems to be important, where the error has happenned.

Best,

Christian
> <Captura de pantalla de 2014-09-04 10:41:39.png><Captura de pantalla de 2014-09-04 10:41:17.png>

Diego Velasquez

Sep 9, 2014, 2:20:01 PM9/9/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

Can you give me the full command line that you use to run or compile the tsp example of the OpenBEAGLE-4.0.0-alpha2 please??

I dont know how to use the '-OBusage' or '-OBhelp' command

Greetings

Christian Gagné

Sep 9, 2014, 3:03:31 PM9/9/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego,

That's not that easy, you need to link on various libraries (PACC and Open BEAGLE) to build your example. We are using CMake as meta-build system for the library. I would advice to look at this, and use it if possible. Otherwise, the best advice I can give you is to read the doc!

https://code.google.com/p/beagle/downloads/detail?name=beagle-compil-howto-3.0.1-r1.pdf&can=2&q=#makechanges

https://code.google.com/p/beagle/downloads/detail?name=beagle-manual-3.0.0-r1.pdf&can=2&q=#makechanges

Christian

Diego Velasquez

Sep 10, 2014, 10:21:58 AM9/10/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

I used CMake to configure and install OpenBEAGLE... I configured the instalation (using CMake) and I linked the PACC library.

But now I want to run some example but I dont know how...

I assumed that I have to use:     g++...(but dont know what else)

Greetings
Captura de pantalla de 2014-09-10 09:20:26.png

Christian Gagné

Sep 10, 2014, 11:02:07 PM9/10/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

With version 4, the CMake is also building the examples, so you don't need to compile them again.

The rest depend on the CMake target you used, I am assumed that it was Makefile from your previous message. Have you defined the installation path, and done a "make install".

If you are lost with CMake, please get back to Open BEAGLE version 3.

And no offence, but please read this instructive essay.

Best,

Christian