Load data into floatvector

Diogo Duarte

Mar 3, 2014, 4:06:16 PM3/3/14
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've recently started to use the Open BEAGLE library and it's the first time I'm working with EC, so I'm still a noob in this area and I'm still figuring it out.

My question seem stupid but I'm having a hard time with this. So, I'm trying to create a GA using real-value vectors but I want to initialize these vectors with data I already have in memory, there is some way to do that?

Also, can you recommend some tutorials?

Thanks.

Diogo Duarte

Christian Gagné

Mar 3, 2014, 10:19:17 PM3/3/14
to diogo....@gmail.com, openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Diogo,

Best starting point is certainly to look at the examples. For your case see minfctfloat, which is a real-valued GA example.

For initializing the population with some given solutions, we have a feauture in Open BEAGLE called seeding. For that purpose, you can specify through parameter "ec.init.seedsfile" a file from (in Open BEAGLE's XML format) from which individuals used to seed the population can be read.

Example of a seed file (taken from the code, for bistring individuals):

<Beagle>
<Seeds>
<Individual>
<Genotype type="bitstring">11111</Genotype>
</Individual>
</Seeds>
</Beagle>

I hope this would be helpful.