InvalidateFitnessOp with Breeder Tree?

Jeannief

Apr 18, 2013, 5:56:25 AM4/18/13
to openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

Does the InvalidateFitnessOp work with a breeder tree? I have tried putting it in after the StatsCalculateOp but it does not seem to work: on start-up the system reports that
a lot of standard startup parameters are not registered. The operator functions fine without a breeder tree?

Also, am I correct in saying that in order to implement elitism we need to use a breeder tree with either a Generational or SteadyStateOp? The param ec.elite.keepsize is not registered otherwise? Ideally I would like to have elitism and fitness invalidation without using a breeder tree.

thanks in advance,

jeannie

Christian Gagné

Apr 18, 2013, 6:46:55 AM4/18/13
to Jeannief, openbeag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeannie,

On 2013-04-18, at 5:56 AM, Jeannief <jeanniemf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the InvalidateFitnessOp work with a breeder tree? I have tried putting it in after the StatsCalculateOp but it does not seem to work: on start-up the system reports that
> a lot of standard startup parameters are not registered. The operator functions fine without a breeder tree?

InvalidateFitnessOp should work within a breeder tree, as it inherits from BreederOp. It should also work outside a breeder tree, as a usual operator in the Bootstrap and Mainloop operators sets.

> Also, am I correct in saying that in order to implement elitism we need to use a breeder tree with either a Generational or SteadyStateOp? The param ec.elite.keepsize is not registered otherwise? Ideally I would like to have elitism and fitness invalidation without using a breeder tree.

That's correct, elitism is implemented only using breeder trees, for example by using GenerationalOp or SteadyStateOp.

Best,

Christian

--
Christian Gagné