Calls this week: Higher Ed today and Community Call tomorrow

Nate Otto

Mar 8, 2016, 11:51:55 AM3/8/16
to OpenBadges, openbad...@googlegroups.com, ba-highered
Badge Boosters,

As you have likely seen on the events calendar, this week, we have two calls on the docket this week. The Higher Ed call starts now.

Higher Ed Working Group
Today (8 March) at 9am PST / noon EST / 5pm UTC (in 10 minutes):

  • Featuring Ben Roome from BadgeList: Badge Pathways

    Etherpad: http://etherpad.badgealliance.org/HigherEducationWG2016-March8

    Badge List is launching a project that invites people to join our team by following a badge pathway. Rather than going through the traditional hiring process, developers and trainers can join Badge List by completing a pathway of badges that demonstrate relevant skills, show a passion for education technology and digital credentialing, and build trust between members of the team. We are partnering with universities and online learning communities to give developers and trainers a clear path to a successful job with Badge List. Here is more information on Badge List.

Dial in:
Conference Location:
 https://www.uberconference.com/badgealliance (Clicking on the link will give you the option to call-in through your computer and/or choose your phone).
Optional dial in number207-645-1621
(no PIN required) (an etherpad agenda link will also be available directly from the dial-in)

Community Call

The weekly Community Call will take place Wednesday at noon US Eastern. Find the link to this week’s pad here: http://bit.ly/CC2016-Mar-9

Open Badges Community Call: Wednesday, 9 March at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm GMT (UTC)

Agenda:

  • Panel on Badge Evidence: Alan Levine, James Willis, Doug Belshaw, Dan Hickey

Alan Levine recently posted Seeking Evidence of Badge Evidence on the Cogdogblog, featuring some found examples of how evidence links are being used in badges in the wild. Make sure to read this post and dig into the comments. We'll continue the discussion on the community call tomorrow.

Reading List:

Dial in:
Conference Location:
 https://www.uberconference.com/badgealliance (Clicking on the link will give you the option to call-in through your computer and/or choose your phone).
Optional dial in number207-645-1621
(no PIN required) (an etherpad agenda link will also be available directly from the dial-in)

See you soon!

Remember that on Sunday March 13 Daylight Saving Time in the US starts. Our call series follow US Daylight Saving Time, so take care not to be an hour late to next week's calls! Check the BA Events calendar in your timezone to verify starting times.

Nate Otto
Director, Badge Alliance

badgealliance.org