Associate multiple email addresses to an Open Badges account

Bryan Sutherland

Dec 12, 2015, 3:18:53 PM12/12/15
to Open Badges Dev Group
Hey all,
Now that I have decided to embrace my badging, I have found that my Fedora Project badges are associated to my Fedora alias rather than my real address. In the current setup, we can only accommodate a single email id, is the ability to add an additional id in the future roadmap?

Cheers,
Bryan

Nate Otto

Dec 16, 2015, 3:31:22 PM12/16/15
to Open Badges Dev Group
Yep, this is on the near-term roadmap. Mozilla will be changing the Persona-based login system as that platform moves to end-of-life, and there's an opportunity to make some other needed modifications. Mozilla will be working with developers from DigitalMe and the community to make this necessary change. The badges ecosystem should correspond to how people live and work, and that means recognizing that identities (people and organizations) have multiple identifiers (email addresses, etc.)

Nate Otto
Interim Director, Badge Alliance

Paul Mastrangelo

May 12, 2016, 6:31:23 PM5/12/16
to Open Badges Dev Group
Thanks Nate - is there any update on the ability to include multiple email addresses? Thanks!

Nate Otto

May 31, 2016, 1:08:36 PM5/31/16
to Open Badges Dev Group, matt....@digitalme.co.uk
Hi Paul.

DigitalMe, Mozilla's contractor for this phase of the Backpack project was unable to get underway until only a couple weeks ago. We expected a contractor to be going before the end of December 2015. That means it isn't done yet, but I'm CCing Matt from the project to see if he can provide an update on this request. Their first order of business after updating some dependency packages is to replace the Persona login system in advance of it going out of existence late this year. Then, this request for accounts with multiple emails is next on their consideration list, I believe.

Nate