Q3 Standard Working Group Calls

Nate Otto

Jul 5, 2016, 1:59:50 PM7/5/16
to Open Badges Dev Group, OpenBadges, ba-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Open Badges community members

We'll be picking a new time for our Standard Working Group calls for July-September, so there were several blocking conflicts that sprung up over the course of Q1-Q2. We hope to find a good time. The Badge Alliance will be imminently relaunching openbadges.org, and following that, the top priority will be the Standard Working Group. We'd like to channel a significant amount of effort toward finalizing and releasing a 2.0 version of the specification by September 1.

We need a diverse set of skills in this phase of the operation. A good familiarity with the Open Badges Specification is all that's needed to set a good baseline. Everyone is welcome to provide their thoughts to help guide Open Badges to the right technical path forward: people with software development, technical writing, project management, communications, or education experience are all very helpful in this effort as well as folks who have connections to other related efforts around the world.

Here's a link to fill out information for a weekly time that would work well to meet. We'll start next week and officially meet every 14 days through the end of September, but we may also have extra work sessions at the chosen time on the "off" weeks.

Times displayed by default in UTC: Make sure to pick your timezone for convenience.

Reminder: The official mailing list of the BA Standard Working group is now openbadges-dev, as per the BA's 2016 communications strategy.

Thanks, and looking forward to working with you this quarter!

Nate Otto
Director of Technology, Badge Alliance