503 Service Unavailable When Pushing Badge

Jon Yu

Sep 6, 2016, 10:31:48 AM9/6/16
to Open Badges Dev Group

Hi,

I am trying to leverage the use of the backpack connect api with the intent on issuing badges to a user's backpack, but I seem to be encountering a 503 Service Unavailable error.

The response that I get after trying to issue the badge is as follows:

In the headers for my post request made to the /issue endpoint, I am including headers for the content type and my base64-encoded auth token. I have also validated my badge assertion usinghttp://validator.openbadges.org/.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue here? It appears that the response comes from the server Cowboy, if that is any help.

I do not have my changes deployed to any environment currently, and have been testing this via a secure tunnel to my localhost Rails project using ngrok. If it is of benefit, however, I can provide my formed assertion or the details of the push request.

Thanks!

Nate Otto

Sep 15, 2016, 12:52:06 AM9/15/16
to Open Badges Dev Group
Hi, Jon

Are you using the Mozilla-hosted Backpack server? What URL are you encountering the 503 on?

Nate Otto
Director of Technology, Badge Alliance

Jon Yu

Oct 5, 2016, 3:32:14 PM10/5/16
to Open Badges Dev Group
Hi Nate,

Sorry for the delayed response - I am using the Mozilla-hosted Backpack server. The URL that I am encountering the 503 on is https://backpack.openbadges.org/api/issue for a post request. This is the api_root returned by the Backpack Connect api appended with the /issue path.