The persona.org service is shutting down

Martin Vögeli

Jul 29, 2016, 6:10:01 AM7/29/16
to Open Badges Dev Group
The persona.org service is shutting down. This service will be unavailable after November 30th, 2016. More Info...

My question is, how will I login to my Mozilla Backpack after that? Thanks for tips and tricks! Best wishes, Martin :)

Nate Otto

Aug 2, 2016, 10:19:55 AM8/2/16
to Open Badges Dev Group
Thanks for the question, Martin

Mozilla has contracted with DigitalMe to provide some improvements to the Backpack, most notably replacing the Persona login system with an in-house system.

Listen to the recording and read the notes from DigitalMe's July 13 presentation on our Tech Panel series for more details on the progress they hope to make by the end of October: http://etherpad.badgealliance.org/CC2016July13

Also, if you're able to make it to London for MozFest, that would be a great time to talk about and contribute to the future of the Backpack(s).

Nate Otto
Director of Technology, Badge Alliance

robin....@perkins.org

Sep 26, 2016, 11:02:51 AM9/26/16
to Open Badges Dev Group
Thanks, as always, Nate. Signing on to this thread in case there are updates or ongoing comments.
Robin