International Open Data Hack Day in Sydney

Henare Degan

Nov 12, 2011, 7:14:54 PM11/12/11
to openaustralia-dev
Hi all,

The 2011 International Open Data Hack Day is in a couple of weeks on Saturday December the 3rd. I was disappointed to hear that Australia was the only continent without an Open Data Hack Day last year so I'm planning on doing some hacking and I was wondering if anyone else would like to join me?

I'd also be interested to hear if someone has a space closeish to the centre of Sydney that they could let half a dozen hackers use for the day. If others are interested in getting together and we can't find a space, we might be forced to find a pub with wifi or something :)

I've got no fixed plan of what to hack on but I've got a few ideas and I'd love to hear other ideas and work on something together for the day.

Just reply to this thread and we'll see how many people are keen. If you've got a space, feel free to email me off-list if you'd prefer.

Cheers,

Henare

Gavin Carr

Nov 29, 2011, 4:25:55 PM11/29/11
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henare,

Did you get any takers for this? I'd be up for some hacking if you're
still interested. Anyone else care to join us?

Cheers,
Gavin

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 11:14:54AM +1100, Henare Degan wrote:
>Hi all,
>

>The 2011 International Open Data Hack Day <http://www.opendataday.org/> is

>in a couple of weeks on Saturday December the 3rd. I was disappointed to

>hear <http://twitter.com/daeaves/statuses/130390300765073408> that

>Australia was the only continent without an Open Data Hack Day last year so I'm

>planning <http://www.opendataday.org/wiki/City_Events_2011#Sydney> on doing

Henare Degan

Nov 29, 2011, 4:30:02 PM11/29/11
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gavin,

Awesome, sounds good. I've had one other person say they'd be interested so far.

Do you have any ideas for a venue? If not I'll have a look for a hacker-friendly pub (quiet, wifi) tomorrow in the inner west of Sydney (let me know if that doesn't suit).

Cheers,

Henare

Gavin Carr

Nov 29, 2011, 4:51:46 PM11/29/11
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Just checked with $work, and they said we can hack here. Wifi, drinks,
tables, couches, power. Address is:

Zomojo, Level 6, 76-80 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000

It's right by Wynyard station.

Building will be locked, so you'll have to ping me to come and let you
in. My mobile is 0403 171712.

Cheers,
Gavin

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 08:30:02AM +1100, Henare Degan wrote:
>Hey Gavin,
>
>Awesome, sounds good. I've had one other person say they'd be interested so
>far.
>
>Do you have any ideas for a venue? If not I'll have a look for a
>hacker-friendly pub (quiet, wifi) tomorrow in the inner west of Sydney (let
>me know if that doesn't suit).
>
>Cheers,
>
>Henare
>
>On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 08:25, Gavin Carr <ga...@openfusion.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi Henare,
>>
>> Did you get any takers for this? I'd be up for some hacking if you're
>> still interested. Anyone else care to join us?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gavin
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 11:14:54AM +1100, Henare Degan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The 2011 International Open Data Hack Day <http://www.opendataday.org/>
>>> is
>>>
>>> in a couple of weeks on Saturday December the 3rd. I was disappointed to

>>> hear <http://twitter.com/daeaves/**statuses/130390300765073408<http://twitter.com/daeaves/statuses/130390300765073408>>

>>> that
>>>
>>> Australia was the only continent without an Open Data Hack Day last year
>>> so I'm

>>> planning <http://www.opendataday.org/**wiki/City_Events_2011#Sydney<http://www.opendataday.org/wiki/City_Events_2011#Sydney>>

>>> on doing
>>>
>>> some hacking and I was wondering if anyone else would like to join me?
>>>
>>> I'd also be interested to hear if someone has a space closeish to the
>>> centre of Sydney that they could let half a dozen hackers use for the day.
>>> If others are interested in getting together and we can't find a space, we
>>> might be forced to find a pub with wifi or something :)
>>>
>>> I've got no fixed plan of what to hack on but I've got a few ideas and I'd
>>> love to hear other ideas and work on something together for the day.
>>>
>>> Just reply to this thread and we'll see how many people are keen. If
>>> you've
>>> got a space, feel free to email me off-list if you'd prefer.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Henare
>>>

>> --

>> .
>> group/openaustralia-dev?hl=en<http://groups.google.com/group/openaustralia-dev?hl=en>
>> .

Henare Degan

Nov 29, 2011, 4:56:08 PM11/29/11
to openaust...@googlegroups.com

Aww, how good is that?! Thanks Gavin!

Alright, who else is up for some open data hacking on Saturday in the Sydney CBD?

.

.
group/openaustralia-dev?hl=en<http://groups.google.com/group/openaustralia-dev?hl=en>
.

Nick Evershed

Nov 29, 2011, 11:51:08 PM11/29/11
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Might come along, yeah. Though I did just spend all of my last weekend at work on data vis stuff. :)

-Nick E.

Henare Degan

Nov 30, 2011, 6:03:19 AM11/30/11
to openaust...@googlegroups.com

Even more of a reason to come along, show off what you did and teach us! :)

Hope you get a chance to come along, would be good to see you mate.

Cheers,

Henare