ALPR binding in java using netbeans IDE

Mwesigye john bosco

Apr 20, 2016, 9:36:17 AM4/20/16
to OpenALPR

Am trying to including ALPR in my java application. it's a standalone application. I have imported the ALPR source files to my main project but now my issue is on adding .dll and locating the openalpr.conf file.   I have read all the solutions on this forum but and applied the concept but all is not work. For example i put all the .dll in one folder and added the folder as my lib's folder in the but still it was showing me the same error. i used the pre-compiled .dll from the github site .

Error goes Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no openalprjni in java.library.path
at com.openalpr.jni.Alpr.<clinit>(Alpr.java:9)
at Main.main(Main.java:27)
C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\NetBeans\Cache\8.1\executor-snippets\run.xml:53: Java returned: 1

Mwesigye john bosco

May 12, 2016, 5:00:16 AM5/12/16
to OpenALPR
i finally worked it out please the out my solution on here

Matt

May 13, 2016, 8:44:11 AM5/13/16
to OpenALPR
Excellent :)  Thanks for posting that!

Mwesigye john bosco

May 16, 2016, 4:51:14 AM5/16/16
to OpenALPR
Thanks too Matt for your help. i can now read a number plate from an image but now my other question is .If i pass it a video feed it recognizes it by printing out the file size but it doesn't  read all frames to find out the car license plate as it does it in the c++ code. i managed to compile openAlpr in c++ but am not so good in it that is  why i changed to  java. i was wondering if there is a way of the library taking in a video feed and output the license plates the way it does it in c++ code ?.Any links,books with help me.Thanks Again

Matt

May 17, 2016, 11:21:46 PM5/17/16
to OpenALPR
If you think of a video as just a series of images, you can process video frame-by-frame in java.  You'll need a way to decode the still images from the video.