Fwd: Fwd: Hackathon with Boston datasets and location data, want to talk to organizers?

Michael Morisy

Sep 5, 2013, 5:55:40 PM9/5/13
to Boston Sunlight
Thought this might be of interest!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mackenzie Kreitler <mkre...@matternow.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Subject: Hackathon with Boston datasets and location data, want to
talk to organizers?
To: "michael...@boston.com" <michael...@boston.com>

Hi Michael,

On September 22, there will be a hackathon at Hynes Convention Center
that many of your readers would be interested in. I know you don’t
usually post about hackathons other than the NFL one back in January,
but I wanted to see if you’d be interested in this one because the
city of Boston used this technology to create the Citizens Connect
app. Would you or one of your reporters be interested in talking to
the hackathon organizers about what they expect to get from the
hackathon and their work with the local developer community? There
will be local government code for cities including Boston along with
mapping APIs from Esri available to the developers at the hackathon.

I’ve included more information below, but please let me know if you
have questions.

Thanks so much,

Mackenzie

Mackenzie Kreitler, Account Executive

Matter Communications | 50 Water Street, Mill #3 | Newburyport, MA 01950
T 978.518.4536 | C 603.521.4864 | F 978.499.9253

mkre...@matternow.com | matternow.com

Hackstock for #LocalGov

Sunday, September 22 7:00am to 2:00pm

Hynes Convention Center, Boston, MA

http://hackstockforlocalgov-zvents.eventbrite.com/

Hackstock for #LocalGov an event produced by the Esri, ICMA
[International City/County Management Association], and MindMixer is
designed for developers to build apps/mobile apps, get fed, compete
for prizes, and most importantly: create a new application for local
governments to serve their residents .

We Supply. A comfortable area in the Hynes Convention Center, local
government code and data samples for your hacking, food to keep you
going, and caffeine to keep you awake. You'll also have a chance to
speak with local government leaders from all over the world.

You Bring. Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative,
team focused mindset and/or team up in advance on
Twitter/Facebook/Google+. Every group needs a good balance of talent
and your development skills are needed!

Event Schedule.
Saturday, September 21, 2013
5:00pm - 6:00pm Orientation Webinar. Click here to register for the
free Orientation Webinar. A recording of the webinar will be posted
online for those unable to participate in the live event.

Sunday, September 22, 2013
7:00am - 2:00pm Hackstock for #LocalGov . Come work with your team at
the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. Food and beverages supplied.

Prizes. Four prizes will be awarded .
Grand prize - $2,000
First place - $1,500
Second place - $750
Third place - $250

Judging Criteria. Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and
weighted accordingly.
Thoughtfulness of Utilizing Civic Data (10 pts.)
Quality of Concept (5 pts.)
Analysis of Community Need (10 pts.)
Collaboration with Local Government Leaders (20 pts.)
Incorporation of Diverse Skill Sets (5 pts.)
User Experience (15 pts.)
Quality of Design (10 pts.)
Ultimate Utility of the Product (10 pts.)
Repeatability of the product (15 pts.)

Special consideration will be given to entries that incorporate Esri
tools and data.
Hackathon Legal and Other Information.