Code for America Startup Accelerator

Dharmishta Rood

May 21, 2013, 4:27:17 PM5/21/13
to open_go...@googlegroups.com
Dear Open Gov Boston folks,

I recently joined Code for America, to manage their Accelerator program. I thought that the Accelerator might be of particular interest to people on this group. Please feel welcome to apply, as well as share this information with anyone who might be interested.

Warmly,

- Dharmishta

--------

Code for America is now recruiting startups for its 2013 class of the Civic Startup Accelerator.

What's a #civicstartup?

Civic startups are startups that interface with government. There are a few ways, traditionally, to do this:

  • provide services on top of open government data

  • bring modern web technologies directly to governments

  • change the way citizens request or receive services from government.

What do I need to do to apply?

The application is short — and free! Apply here: http://codeforamerica.org/accelerator/#application

The application is due May 31, 2013.

Why should I apply?

Through a competitive, four-month program, the CfA Accelerator “turbo-charges” select civic startups by providing them a springboard to amplify market awareness of their product, funding, business mentoring specific to the Gov 2.0 space, and introductions to a broad network of civic leaders and potential investors.

Every month, accepted teams will attend week-long “retreats” in SF packed with trainings, talks, and networking events; full time relocation is not required.

Any questions?

Contact Dharmishta, the Program Manager for the Accelerator: dharm...@codeforamerica.org