TODAY at 10:30am: Lobby Day for Election Modernization

Adam Friedman

Jul 17, 2013, 8:53:13 AM7/17/13
to open_gov_boston
Hey folks

I've been swamped and forgot to send you guys notice of this great event today.  I'm so sorry for this short notice.

That said:

Are you ready to make history?

At the State House, under the golden dome in Boston, there will be a grand coalition of over 30 grassroots organizations convening their members to discuss and then lobby for S.327, an omnibus bill to upgrade our voting system (a system which hasn't seen a change in nearly 20 years).

On this Lobby Day we will call for reforms such as online voter registration, early voting, pre-registration for young people, post-election audits for security, and more. (Click here for the bill text.)

MassVOTE - Common Cause - ACLU - League of Women Voters - MASSPIRG - Oiste - and many many others will be there!

It's a great opportunity to learn about the state law-making process, network with like-minded pro-democracy activists, and join a group to sit down with your legislators and their staff and persuade them to advocate and vote for this great bill!

The event is only 10:30 to 12:30, so if you work downtown, feel free to try to take an early lunch and come on over to the State House!

You can RSVP using any of the links below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/468546586572059/

Thanks folks!

--
Adam Friedman