Scottish Open Education Declaration - are any of these our friends?

Martin Hawksey

Jul 21, 2016, 6:23:50 AM7/21/16
to open-poli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are still trying to push for the Scottish Government to have an official open education policy (see Scottish Open Education Declaration for more info on efforts so far). The Government recently announced an expert panel to advise them on priorities (copied below) and we wondered if any of these names jumped out to OPN you as 'open' friendly ... the idea being to make contact with any who are to make sure they know about the Declaration.

 The panel members are:
  • Dr Carol Campbell, Education Adviser to the Ontario Premier and Minister of Education and Associate Professor of Leadership and Educational Change at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education.
  • Professor Chris Chapman, Chair of Educational Policy and Practice at the University of Glasgow and Senior Academic Adviser to the Scottish Attainment Challenge.
  • Professor Graham Donaldson, Consultant and international adviser for OECD
  • Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Chief Executive of Virgin Money
  • Dr Avis Glaze, former Ontario Education Commissioner and Senior Adviser to the Minister for Education.
  • Professor Andy Hargreaves, Thomas More Brennan Chair in the Lynch School of Education at Boston College and a member of the OECD team that recently reviewed Scotland's Curriculum for Excellence.
  • Professor Alma Harris, Director of Educational Leadership at the University of Malaya.
  • Dr Pak Tee Ng, Associate Dean, Leadership Learning, and Head of the Policy and Leadership Studies Academic Group at Singapore's National Institute of Education.
  • Dr Pasi Sahlberg, former Director General of the Centre for International Mobility and Cooperation at Finland's Ministry for Education and Culture, and a visiting Professor of Practice at Harvard University's Graduate School of Education.
  • Dr Allison Skerrett, Associate Professor in Language and Literacy Studies at the University of Texas.

If you have contacts with someone on the list we'd love to hear from you.

Best wishes,

Martin

--
Martin Hawksey
Chief Innovation, Community and Technology Officer

Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
Registered Charity Number 1160039
web: www.alt.ac.uk
twitter: @A_L_T / @mhawksey
G+: profiles.google.com/mhawksey
skype: m.hawksey
working pattern: Mon-Thurs

Inline images 1 Inline images 2 Inline images 3 Inline images 4 Inline images 5

Are you a member of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT)? If not membership fees start at £0. Find out more about joining ALT