December 3rd Call

Kelsey Wiens

Dec 1, 2015, 8:06:20 AM12/1/15
to Open Policy Network
Hello Everyone just a reminder of our December call

8:00am (U.S. Pacific) / 11:00am (U.S. Eastern) / 4:00pm (UTC)

AGENDA

  1. roll call

    1. Kelsey

    2. Meredith

    3. Nicole

    4. Varun

    5. Cable (CC)

    6. Judith -- Sorry, everyone, that I will have to miss this one due to being at a conference on this day and time! I will look forward to reading the notes.

    7. Baden - Sorry, I won’t be able to make it as its 2am in Brisbane, Australia. Always read the minutes though.

    8. Igor Lesko (OEC) - apologies - in Slovakia until December 7 with scheduled appointments in our capital city on December 3. Put two updates into minutes re: Framework2030 & OER and new OECD OER Publication.

  2. followup items

  3. Institute for Open Leadership 2

  4. policy updates

a.  The General Conference of the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) adopted the Education 2030 Framework for Action (in early November). This is particularly exciting for the Open Education community, as this framework calls for OER to be part of the agreed-upon action items to ensure equal access to affordable, high-quality education. More information is available here: http://www.oeconsortium.org/2015/11/education-2030-includes-oer/

b. OECD has just released a new publication: OER: A Catalyst for Innovation. The entire publication is relevant. Chapter 11 will be of particular interest to members of this groups because it looks at “Public policy interventions to improve teaching and learning through open educational resources (OER).” The full text can be accessed here: http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/education/open-educational-resources_9789264247543-en

  1. events

Kelsey Wiens
Creative Commons Public Lead
Cape Town, South Africa