Launch of crowdfunding campaign in support of Diego Gomez

Visto 6 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Timothy Vollmer

no leída,
12 jun 2017, 18:52:1912/6/17
a CC Staff,CC Affiliates,Open Policy Network,iol-n...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone:

Three weeks ago we reported that Diego Gómez, the former Colombian student who’s been prosecuted for sharing a research paper online, had been acquitted of criminal charges.

But within days of the ruling, the author’s lawyer appealed the decision, meaning that even after several years of unnecessary (and expensive) criminal proceedings, Diego’s case continues to the appellate court.

Diego needs our help. Fundación Karisma, the Colombian digital rights organisation that’s been supporting Diego since the beginning, is launching an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to pay for the ongoing legal expenses. The campaign—titled Compartir no es delito: Sharing Is Not A Crime—is now live.

If you can donate, please do so! We would also appreciate your assistance in getting the word out to others about the crowdfunding campaign.

Here's the direct link to the Indiegogo donation page:

Here's a CC blog post (English):

Here's a CC tweet (English):

Here's a CC blog post (Spanish):

Here's a CC tweet (Spanish):