invitation to OEB pre-event workshop on OER publishing models

Alek Tarkowski

Nov 7, 2016, 3:00:54 AM11/7/16
to Open Policy Network
{sorry for cross-posting)

Dear all,

On the 30th of November, a workshop on sustainable OER publishing models will be organised, as a pre-event workshop of the Open Educa Berlin conference.

The workshop will focus on models for making OER available. The French Ministry of Higher Education, which is leading the workshop, has been creating and publishing OERs under their digital higher education program (http://www.sup-numerique.gouv.fr/). They are interested in pursuing models that would encourage commercial publishers and academic institutions to create OER, and are considering a hybrid model that would mix OER licensing with some fee / subscription model for institutional or commercial use.

It will be an interesting opportunity to discuss such issues as publishing models, open business in OER, and licensing standards.
Please find detailed information here: http://www.online-educa.com/programme/agenda/sessions/m3

If you are attending OEB, living in Berlin or willing to travel for our workshop, please join us. And let me know personally, I will be happy to meet you, or to discuss the workshop.

All the best,

Alek Tarkowski

dyrektor / director, Centrum Cyfrowe

Centrum Cyfrowe: centrumcyfrowe.pl
Communia Association: communia-association.org / Creative Commons: creativecommons.pl

Twitter: @atarkowski

Wayne Mackintosh

Nov 7, 2016, 10:03:36 PM11/7/16
to Alek Tarkowski, Open Policy Network
Hi Alek,

The pre-conference workshop on sustainable open business models sounds like an event worth attending.

Sadly, I'm not aware of any of our OERu community attending the event.

Nonetheless, under the capable guidance and facilitation from Paul Stacey at Creative Commons, the OERu partners have collaboratively developed an open business model for our implementation of OER courses. Openly licensed, these documents may be of use for others wanting to progress their thinking:

Wayne Mackintosh
Director OER Foundation and OERu facilitator
UNESCO - ICDE Chair in OER
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter: Mackiwg

Cable Green

Nov 8, 2016, 4:09:49 PM11/8/16
to Alek Tarkowski, Open Policy Network
It looks like a fabulous session, Alek.

I'm eager to hear about the outcomes / discussions after the event.

Cable

Cable Green, PhD
Director of Open Education

Creative Commons
@cgreen

retain, reuse, revise, remix, redistribute
Get Creative Commons Updates http://bit.ly/commonsnews