Tenth Anniversary of the Cape Town Declaration (CPT+10)

Alek Tarkowski

Sep 19, 2017, 3:16:51 AM9/19/17
to open-poli...@googlegroups.com

Dear Open Education community,

We're pleased to share with you Cape Town Open Education Declaration 10th Anniversary: Ten Directions to Move Open Education Forward (CPT+10), a collaboratively produced document highlighting ten key areas where the Open Education movement can grow in the next decade. The document is an outcome of a March 2017 meeting held in Cape Town to reflect on the ten years since the Cape Town Declaration, how far we have come, and where the movement will evolve into the future. It is a collaborative effort of a team of activists from multiple organisations around the world.

CPT+10 was officially launched today during a satellite event at the 2nd World OER Congress in Ljubljana, Slovenia. The satellite was attended by more than 100 delegates, and featured short talks and reflections highlighting how the various themes related across different countries and contexts. Our hope is for this conversation to continue, using the ten directions as a launching point for new connections, collaborations and ideas.

We encourage you to check out the CPT+10 websitebooklet, and join in on the conversation at #CPT10. We will also be grateful if you help us promote this initiative.

Sincerely,

Alek Tarkowski (Centrum Cyfrowe) & Nicole Allen (SPARC)

--
Prezes i Współfundator   |   President and Co-Founder
Centrum Cyfrowe   |   centrumcyfrowe.pl

Also:
Coordinator, Creative Commons Polska.  |    creativecommons.pl
Member, COMMON  |  communia-association.org

signature.asc