Dither Question

Peter B

Apr 21, 2014, 10:06:03 PM4/21/14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering about the SGP dither amount and the resulting change in lock position in PHD.  I posted a question about this on the SGP forum but they suggested I ask here.  I'm looking for the mapping for movement to the dither amounts:  Small, Medium, High, Very High, Extreme.  Jared thought it might be 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20 pixels .  Does that sound right?

Sorry about all the questions - we've had almost a week of clear nights with a full moon in there and a long holiday period so I've had plenty of time to contemplate these things!

Peter.

Andy Galasso

Apr 22, 2014, 12:29:28 PM4/22/14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

I replied to you over in the SGP forum as you were posting here.

The dither commands are documented on the PHD2 Socket Server interface wiki page.

The dither amounts are:

+/- 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 5.0

The units are guide camera pixels, and PHD2 will multiply the value by the dither scale factor (on the Global tab in the brain).

Andy

Peter B

Apr 23, 2014, 2:16:54 AM4/23/14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com