MidiBus Library

Alex Matheu

Dec 19, 2013, 6:51:55 AM12/19/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to write everyone here and tell you quickly about my experiences with the new MidiBus library from Audeonic.

I have a new app that needed Midi, and I happened to see the news that Audeonic was working on a new library, basically it quickly gives you Full OMAC Midi compliance in minutes.

For me I struggled a bit getting MIDI implemented in Glitchbreaks initially, then I struggled to get my head around sending a solid clock. For my new app I literally got Virtual Midi ports talking in less than 3 minutes, solid simple instructions from Nic and bam I was running. The library includes great interface query functions, and a solid midi clock that you can use straight away.

If you want to get MIDI running in your app quickly definitely check it out, it is free and open to use, he just asks that if you use it to mention it.

--
Alex Matheu

Sebastian Dittmann

Dec 19, 2013, 7:17:03 AM12/19/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I just wanted to drop by to emphasise that this has absolutely nothing to do with Audiobus.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Alex Matheu

Dec 19, 2013, 7:19:32 AM12/19/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sebastian, I did forget to mention that in my post.

Alex Matheu

Jamie Bullock

Dec 19, 2013, 7:54:52 AM12/19/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com

Does anyone know if this supports RTP-MIDI (MIDI over WiFi)?

Jamie

Nic G (Audeonic Apps)

Dec 19, 2013, 8:09:03 AM12/19/13

On Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:54:52 PM UTC, Jamie Bullock wrote:

Does anyone know if this supports RTP-MIDI (MIDI over WiFi)?

CoreMIDI supports rtpMIDI, so yes the library also supports it. The rtpMIDI ports are presented as the 'Network' interface in the interface list.

Regards, Nic.

Gabriel Gatzsche

Dec 19, 2013, 9:16:34 AM12/19/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
To prevent any further confusion I strongly suggest to give the project another name. MidiBus is too close to AudioBus which makes it not easy for users to distinguish both. We need not wait long for the moment when AudioBus support emails are sent to MidiBus and vice versa.

Alex Matheu

Dec 20, 2013, 9:03:21 AM12/20/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
Nic has contemplated renaming the library, probably a good move, but please I would like to not have this thread be about the name so much as the library. From what I have experienced it is a rock solid easy experience to add MIDI to an app via the library.

Also wanted to note, your app does not need the Midibus (app) or any other app for this library to do its thing. It is just a jump start to getting well configured coremidi into your app, with virtual ports, and some great utilities to query the interfaces, and send a rock solid clock.

soh_la