Stationed Fighters only with military spacedock | German translation

Julian

Jul 19, 2012, 7:32:31 AM7/19/12
to open-ig-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
first of all: waoh, what a great project!

as far as I remember it was only possible to deploy Fighters for Planetary Defense if the Planet has a military spacedock(spaceport?, sry, I don't know how it's named exactly in the englisch version).
In Open IG it's not related so I can deploy Fighters right from the beginning to any planet.

I'm not quite sure so I asked here instead of writing a new issue, hope you doesn't mind.

-----------
I really appreciate your effort to get the game localized.
But the German translation drives me crazy ;) Never seen so many grammar errors and misspelled words, it's like you google-translated it :-P
I tried to check how much time it would cost to fix this and I saw that not all strings are even loaded out of resources, you should fix this to help get the game localized :)

Dávid

Jul 19, 2012, 7:48:28 AM7/19/12
to open-ig-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Currently, the requirement is to have at least one space station, I got this info from a few people. It might be possible that either spaceport or station is required, but somebody needs to check it out, who can run the original (I never got it working properly).

For the localization remark, I translated it moslty with the help of Google, but since then, several native german speakers had made corrections. It is suprising that you found so many problems. Note that some text are from the original game files as they were. Every text that has the IG font is loaded from resource files (or else it wouldn't work in other languages). Look for labels.xml in one of the smaller zip files.

Best regards,
David