Starting work on a wrapper for Knockout.js

Jared White

May 15, 2014, 12:43:31 PM5/15/14
to opa...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've had a good experience with Knockout.js on several projects over the last couple of years, and it finally dawned on me it probably wouldn't be too hard to write a Ruby wrapper via Opal. The idea is to have a PORO (Plain Ol' Ruby Object) as a "View" object with simple properties and methods, use standard Knockout bindings in the HTML, and it all Just Works(tm).

Here's what I've got going so far -- BTW it requires Vienna as a dependency (but just the Observable stuff for under-the-hood magic).

Hopefully I can turn this into a real Gem down the road. I'd love to hear your thoughts or ideas.

Jared