Porting errors

Sreeharsha Mudivarti

Aug 25, 2014, 3:24:42 PM8/25/14
to opa...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I recently wrote a data flow framework using coffee + js.
I have ported it to ruby now.

The opal compiler is giving me errors and I
have no clue on how to tackle them.

Any pointers for opal compatibility ?

---
www.foobar.systems

Elia Schito

Aug 25, 2014, 7:30:34 PM8/25/14
to opa...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Try checking out docs in opalrb.org first.

Usual suspects are:

- string mutability
- string vs symbol checks
- module inclusion / inheritance chain

That's all I can say without having details about the errors. (I can't checkout/try the code b/c on crappy 3G connection until 6 sept)

Elia

Sreeharsha Mudivarti

Aug 26, 2014, 4:08:51 PM8/26/14
to opa...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:00:34 AM UTC+5:30, Elia Schito wrote:
- module inclusion / inheritance chain

I can't seem to find any examples in the docs for string mutability ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I don't mutate strings.

The basis of my framework is inheritance.
I define a Chip class and the programmer needs to override the process method.

> That's all I can say without having details about the errors. (I can't checkout/try the code b/c on crappy 3G connection until 6 sept)

Until 6th sept ! Damn.
Replacing coffeescript with opal will make my maintenance simpler.

Harsha

Sreeharsha Mudivarti

Aug 28, 2014, 3:00:59 PM8/28/14
to opa...@googlegroups.com
Solved.

Opal was confused by `for .. in ..` syntax.

I can now target 3 platforms with one codebase \o/

Harsha
---
www.foobar.systems