why is this link to difficult to find

keshav.b...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2015, 11:27:13 AM1/17/15
to opa...@googlegroups.com
http://cdn.opalrb.org/opal/current/native.js

Native(`blabal`) does not work unless u have <scritp src="http://cdn.opalrb.org/opal/current/native.js"></script> in ur html

even after inserting opal.min.js

am I doing something wrong, nowhere in opal's documentation this link is mentioned.

Elia Schito

Jan 18, 2015, 5:32:02 PM1/18/15
to opa...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Honestly I'm tempted to just switch off the CDN as it's kinda the worst way of getting started with opal.

Anyways the real question is where did you learn about using `Native`?
Wherever it is that's where it should be mentioned. If you can tell me that I'll update the docs promptly.

Elia

📢 twitter/elia
☕️ github/elia

keshav bhide

Jan 19, 2015, 3:54:37 AM1/19/15
to opa...@googlegroups.com
I started using opal with this example

require 'opal'
require 'opal-native'
window = Native(`window`)
window.alert "hello world"

i created a app.rb and then used this command line for the compiler
opal -c app.rb > app.js

my html file has script tags with opal.min.js and the app.js. But In the docs it wasn't mentioned that i had to get
opal-native from the cdn for this to work in the html file.

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 5:27 PM, <keshav.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://cdn.opalrb.org/opal/current/native.js

Native(`blabal`) does not work unless u have <scritp src="http://cdn.opalrb.org/opal/current/native.js"></script> in ur html

even after inserting opal.min.js

am I doing something wrong, nowhere in opal's documentation this link is mentioned.

emoji_u2615.png
emoji_u1f4e2.png

keshav bhide

Jan 19, 2015, 4:03:36 AM1/19/15