Re: Lohana Website

9 wyświetleń

Dinesh Karia

nieprzeczytany,
11 sie 2009, 09:43:3111.08.2009
do 1215#17, OnlineLohanaCommunity
Dear Nilesh,

Thanks for your mail. The idea of our website was discussed in OLC-1 and OLC-2 but, to the best of my knowledge, not addressed at all in OLC-3. The discussion of OLC-1 is reported by me in Orkut Lohana Community in a separate thread. We thought much about the website design and felt that it should be of some forum type (many Microsoft Forums or say Tech Arena or PCQuest Forum type) so that the site could be a platform for discussion rather than simply providing certain information. Of course, information will be one integral part of the site. But the main and the dynamic function of the web would be a series of discussion threads using which we can progress together just like in programming we learn a lot from such dedicated forums. On the other hand as one can see, majority of Lohana Community members on Orkut prefer games over the discussion. Of course, we have to divert the youth to participating in meaningful and sincere thinking, presenting the ideas, bringing in innovative ideas and learn a lot from each other. To do this, there could be some minor threads for those to keep them tied to the forum but slowly we need to motivate them for serious discussion.

There should be various thread dedicated to some objectives. For example,
  1. Thread for getting help in study (academic information as well as problem solving in different fields from Mathematics, to Liberal Arts and from Languages to Social Sciences at various level of study of the members.
  2. Thread to establish various nodes of Lohana in various cities so that people visiting a particular city and in need of assistance of local people can communicate there.
  3. Thread to provide information like Blood Group/resources in various cities which you have suggested.
  4. A sort of philanthropist information where one can avail the available financial assistance in higher studies.
  5. Thread for sort of gaming where initially people would be more interested and later will be diverted to serious thread like the above.
  6. Thread for information about the Lohana Network, that is, about existing Lohana Establishments/Mahajans in various locations and their functioning.
  7. Thread where the Lohana Mahajans can make announcement of their forthcoming activities and report the past activities.
  8. And other thread that we feel important.
Following the first meet (coincidently 12-August 2009 is the third anniversary of the first OLC-1 held at Vallabh Vidyanagar) Deep registered a domain loc.co.in or some such name. But then after the project did not took off and nothing was materialized. So, in OLC-2 a web committee was formed but that also became inactive before the first action!!!! After that again the discussion started on Google Group Onlinelohanacommunity but as you can see that also vanished slowly (rapidly!!!) and now once again I am optimistic after getting this mail from you.

Let me be clear that I am a working mathematician. I know very little about web designing and maintaining. In my bag of knowledge, the first entry was programming with FORTRAN and it ended to C++ via Basic, Pascal and little bit of Java. I tried to learn Windows Scripting and a bit of Linux but I have very little knowledge of other things in web designing. In this situation, naturally we have to depend upon the computer professional befitting in the project, having commitment and above all upon those who desires to spare time for this activity.

It is clear that the person/group designing this and person/groups keeping the above activity live have nothing to gain financially. On the other hand they may have to spare some bucks from their pocket!!! So, it is difficult to find persons having all the positive parameters.

I am directing this mail to the Google Group and I hope you will also reply in the group  so that other can pour in their ideas.

For me every new proposal from a member to work on this brings thrills to me but observing no progress for long time brings more frustration than the thrill previously enjoyed.

Anticipating positive action from you and from other knowledgeable members

Love and Regards,

Dinesh Karia
**********
Dr. Dinesh J. Karia
Department of Mathematics
Sardar Patel University
Vallabh Vidyanagar 388120
Gujarat, INDIA

"What you are will show in what you do." - Thomas Edison

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 2:30 PM, 1215#17 <nileshth...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Sir,

I hope you are fine and doing well. I am not aware of complete idea discussed at OLC3 regarding website and I am assuming that it would be general static website. I would like to know more about it.

I also mailed to Jigneshbhai, offering help. Though I do work in Microsoft technology, I can help him to build the website and can learn the technology he’s going to use. I know him personally and we both are from same city.

Jigneshbhai asked for material on Google Groups that is to be put on website and I read that mail and your suggestion also. You suggested that he can have data from several website and most of the details are there. I attended one of local Lohana meeting at Palanpur (my hometown) and had a talk with one of the leading fellow. He told me that they are going to have printed booklet very soon that will contain everything about Lohana so I think it can be useful for website. I don’t know whether it would be in Gujarati or English.

I have one suggestion for website.

Many a times it happens that people go to some big city and admit their relatives/ family members to hospital and at that time they need blood. They often face difficulties in getting blood from blood bank (they are supposed to deposit blood of some other group in return and they can’t deposit blood in return for some reason).

We can have listing of all the blood donors on our Lohana website along with their contact details. Site should be accessible from Mobile/ PDA that will display location and blood group wise listing so that needy people can deposit blood in blood bank on time without any problem. If it’s simple mobile then they can sms like

Cityname bloodgroup

And they can have blood donor contact details city and blood group wise on their mobile.

I hope you people have discussed business plan for the website, I mean how it will generate revenue and so on. Let me know about my suggestion and website details.

Awaiting your response at the earliest.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Nil Thakker

1215#17

nieprzeczytany,
17 sie 2009, 06:20:2217.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,

Thanks for prompt response. I am really sorry that I couldn't contact you for long time, got busy with some work. Anyway let's get back to topic.

I am happy to know that at least we have registered domain name and have the server of Deepbhai to host our Loahan Website. I liked the idea of Forum mentioned by you but one thing I'd like to clarify. The Idea suggested by me regarding blood group won't be any thread of the website. It would be one kind of  service that is accessible from Mobile/ PDA and the person who needs the blood in emergency can use it at right time. I'd discussed this things with my Doctor Uncle and one of the friend who is dentist. Whether it is leagal and other stuff.
I got positive response from both of them that at least we can keep the details of person who're willing to donate blood. We just have to make our community people aware about it.
Please let me know your view about this.

Please let me know which server Deepbhai is having, Apache or any other.

I am not sending this mail on group because of lack of information. I'll mail next time with enough details and this time I hope you won't be frustrated and your joy will be doubled because this time We'll host our Lohana Website.

I also appreciate your excitement and eagerness to be part of the development team though you mentioned that you've little experience in web designing.

I do have few more suggestions regarding website but I'll first contact Jigneshbhai regarding this to know whether he'd done anything about it and what's his idea and get back to you very soon with enough details.

Dinesh Karia

nieprzeczytany,
22 sie 2009, 07:23:3822.08.2009
do OnlineLohanaCommunity
Nilesh replied to this message on 17th August and today I approved the
same. But surprisingly, the message is not posted!!! Either my mistake
in approving or some ગરબડ!!!! Any way, I am posting his message here.

***********His message

***********His message over

On Aug 11, 6:43 pm, Dinesh Karia <dines...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Nilesh,
> Thanks for your mail. The idea of our website was discussed in OLC-1 and
> OLC-2 but, to the best of my knowledge, not addressed at all in OLC-3. The
> discussion of OLC-1 is reported by me in Orkut Lohana Community in a
> separate thread. We thought much about the website design and felt that it
> should be of some forum type (many Microsoft Forums or say Tech Arena or
> PCQuest Forum type) so that the site could be a platform for discussion
> rather than simply providing certain information. Of course, information
> will be one integral part of the site. But the main and the dynamic function
> of the web would be a series of discussion threads using which we can
> progress together just like in programming we learn a lot from such
> dedicated forums. On the other hand as one can see, majority of Lohana
> Community members on Orkut prefer games over the discussion. Of course, we
> have to divert the youth to participating in meaningful and sincere
> thinking, presenting the ideas, bringing in innovative ideas and learn a lot
> from each other. To do this, there could be some minor threads for those to
> keep them tied to the forum but slowly we need to motivate them for serious
> discussion.
>
> There should be various thread dedicated to some objectives. For example,
>
>    1. Thread for getting help in study (academic information as well as
>    problem solving in different fields from Mathematics, to Liberal Arts and
>    from Languages to Social Sciences at various level of study of the members.
>    2. Thread to establish various nodes of Lohana in various cities so that
>    people visiting a particular city and in need of assistance of local people
>    can communicate there.
>    3. Thread to provide information like Blood Group/resources in various
>    cities which you have suggested.
>    4. A sort of philanthropist information where one can avail the available
>    financial assistance in higher studies.
>    5. Thread for sort of gaming where initially people would be more
>    interested and later will be diverted to serious thread like the above.
>    6. Thread for information about the Lohana Network, that is, about
>    existing Lohana Establishments/Mahajans in various locations and their
>    functioning.
>    7. Thread where the Lohana Mahajans can make announcement of their
>    forthcoming activities and report the past activities.
>    8. And other thread that we feel important.
>
> Following the first meet (*coincidently 12-August 2009 is the third
> anniversary of the first OLC-1 held at Vallabh Vidyanagar*) Deep registered
> Edison<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/randomquotes/~3/G2PjcLJ0ONI/>

Dinesh Karia

nieprzeczytany,
22 sie 2009, 08:16:3822.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nilesh,

Thanks for your post. I am sure, this time the project will take off and will run smoothly too. As far as the blood donation type activities are concerned, we can have a field as a part of the membership data. We may also ask if a member would like to be contacted in case of emergency in his/her city. If a person agrees, then we may direct other Lohana Members to contact the members when the needs arise.

At the same time, we should not make all the data about our members directly available to other members. Say for example, if some senior person wants to help the community by creating and managing the matrimonial data of unmarried members, we could have a provision for that too. In all such cases, we may designate certain committed members to have access of such personal data and cater to the genuine need.

As far as the details of Deep's server is concerned, I do not know much about the technical details. I request Deep to respond. (I have bcced to Deep this mail.

Love and Regards

Dinesh

**********
Dr. Dinesh J. Karia
Department of Mathematics
Sardar Patel University
Vallabh Vidyanagar 388120
Gujarat, INDIA

Deep Ganatra

nieprzeczytany,
22 sie 2009, 08:41:3122.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The server is based on Linux, runs on Apache and can run PHP 5 & 4 without any problems. It uses mysql as the database.

About the blood donation thing, I would suggest, things like blood donation are not caste specific but it's human to human.. so if we keep it only for lohanas then I doubt if it will right or not.. but I am okay with whatever everyone agrees to..

Just my opinion...

Regards,
Deep

Deep Ganatra

www.whoisdeep.com
www.twitter.com/DeepXP/

kirtan pujara

nieprzeczytany,
22 sie 2009, 09:24:5522.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I would like to introduce myself to everyone. I m kirtan pujara currently in ahmedabad. I have my own IT company where we provide web and software solutions.

Actually its a good idea to develop Lohana website. I would like to offer any kind of help needed as I have experience in making websites.

thanks

Dinesh Karia

nieprzeczytany,
25 sie 2009, 09:16:5125.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
Most welcome Kirtan,

Thanks for offering your help and time for the development of the web. I am sure this time the plane will take off. This time the scenario is like what मजरूह सुल्तानपुरी has said "मैं अकेला ही चला था जानिबे-मंज़िल मगरलोग साथ आते गए और कारवां बनता गया।"  The only difference is that here I was not alone from the beginning. After Nirav, Deep,.....  joined a small group (that met at Vallabh Vidyanagar) was walking (or crawling!!!) alone.

I would propose to form a small group of people to communicate among each other and finalize the matter and make it a reality. I hope, people will volunteer to join the small group. To begin with, I know Deep, Mayuri, Alpesh, Jignesh, Nilesh, Kirtan are IT professionals, so they should join hands. I would like to volunteer in discussion too. I invite the other interested Web/IT Professionals to please send the names to me. What we shall do the following.

  1. Everyone in this group will create a group in his her email client/web-email service address book named as LO-WEB group.
  2. Each mail regarding the web development should be posted to that group instead of disturbing all the members with very many mails. The discussants may attract about scores of mails a day during the gestation period. So, we should not increase the traffic of the whole Onlinelohanacommunity by posting all mails to the group.
  3. This in no case is a proposal to create new google group. It simply requires the LO-WEB member to send mails to all the other LO-WEB members.
  4. I should appreciate to receive thankfully the names of volunteers willing to join and help develop the desired website.
  5.  I have mentioned earlier, Deep, Mayuri, Alpesh, Jignesh, Nilesh, Kirtan are by default (!) the members and I am sure, they will not mind extending their helping hand. However, should any of them be busy or for other reasons does not find it convenient, please drop a line for that.
  6. I also request by heart the volunteers to send me their names with email address in a personal mail to me as early as possible, say on or before 31st August, so that we can start on 1st September!!!
Love and Regards,

Dinesh Karia

**********
Dr. Dinesh J. Karia
Department of Mathematics
Sardar Patel University
Vallabh Vidyanagar 388120
Gujarat, INDIA

Deep Ganatra

nieprzeczytany,
25 sie 2009, 09:20:0125.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like a good idea.. ofcourse, needless to say, I am IN :)

Mayuri Rajani

nieprzeczytany,
25 sie 2009, 23:04:1325.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
For any kind of Technical help in development side by default I'm always there for my Lohana community!
--
Regards & Best Wishes,
Mayuri Rajani | Software Engineer | ZEDO Inc |  mra...@zedo.com

Vishal Kotak

nieprzeczytany,
26 sie 2009, 05:29:3826.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
.Hi,

I am too available for any technical help. I would like to be part of web team and provide any development help I can.

When are we planning to arrange a meeting? I am currently in London, but I am coming to India next week and will be there for a month, so if we want to arrange a get together to discuss the ideas for website, then let me know will be there.

Cheers,
Vishal Kotak

kirtan pujara

nieprzeczytany,
26 sie 2009, 07:18:2426.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I think We should arrange a meeting somewhere which is easy for everybody to attend.
Everybody come with their ideas regarding website and then we can decide what we r doing and then distribute work between volunteers.
Is domain registered yet?

Regards
Kirtan Pujara

Deep Ganatra

nieprzeczytany,
26 sie 2009, 07:31:2026.08.2009
do onlineloha...@googlegroups.com
I think no need for the meeting.. decide what all things we need for the site and then distribute the work..

On the server & domain front.. no need to worry.. everything is with me and safe..

Deep Ganatra

www.whoisdeep.com
www.twitter.com/DeepXP/

Odpowiedz wszystkim