Statistics, Relationship selections, confidentiality and trial

cendr...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2017, 3:23:33 AM7/4/17
to ONA Surveys Forum
Hello!
As a consultant I'm interested on using ONaSurveys soon, for 2 different projects, I just have a few questions, I'll be glad if you could respond so I can by a suscription:
1.- RELATIONSHIPS: for one of the surveys there will be more than 400 respondents (maybe even 800) so I'll love to ask you if you could add to my survey an extra menu to facilitate the task when choosing their relationships; so respondents can first choose the department and then the name of their selected person. As you may be aware, I don't think it's wise to make them select from a list of 800 collaborators.
2.- RELATIONSHIPS: Can I choose the number of people the respondents may select from? I mean: I may have second survey to lounge, it will be a group of 38 respondents so I'm thinking 3 relationship-selections per respondent are enough. So we can really understand the more powerful connections within the group.
3.- ACCOUNT TYPE: The respondents need a google account or any email account is ok?
4.- STATISTICS TO DOWNLOAD: What kind of statistics does your node excel downloading format exports? I'll be particularly interested in obtaining "In degree" and "out degree" for the nodes; and "weight" for the links. To obtain a useful Gephi visualisation.
5.- DATA CONFIDENTIALITY: All the data is confidential right? Even if my subscription comes to an end no one can use the data obtained?
6.- Based on my experience with online surveys I know that errors in registering the emails happen. So my question is if I will I be able to correct the participant list even once the survey was Published, because that's when I'll realize the capture mistake has happened.
And finally,
7.- I'll be glad to be able to run a small test while I confirm the 2 ONA projects with my clients, How can I subscribe to the free demo?

Thank you so much for your help!
Antonia C.

caik...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2017, 6:46:51 PM7/4/17
to ONA Surveys Forum
Hi Antonia,

What a lovely long list of questions :-)

See answers below.

On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 17:23:33 UTC+10, cendr...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello!
As a consultant I'm interested on using ONaSurveys soon, for 2 different projects, I just have a few questions, I'll be glad if you could respond so I can by a suscription:
1.- RELATIONSHIPS: for one of the surveys there will be more than 400 respondents (maybe even 800) so I'll love to ask you if you could add to my survey an extra menu to facilitate the task when choosing their relationships; so respondents can first choose the department and then the name of their selected person. As you may be aware, I don't think it's wise to make them select from a list of 800 collaborators.

If you add a team/department next to each respondent on your list, then you can choose to allow respondents to filter names by this attribute. That would mean that if a respondent wants to nominate  someone in the Finance department, they first pick 'Finance' from the filter dropdown, and then will only see the names of those in finance.

2.- RELATIONSHIPS: Can I choose the number of people the respondents may select from? I mean: I may have second survey to lounge, it will be a group of 38 respondents so I'm thinking 3 relationship-selections per respondent are enough. So we can really understand the more powerful connections within the group.

You can limit the number of people that respondents can select. This applies to each relationship set. For instance, say you have a question like "Please select colleagues you rely on to get work done?". You can limit the number of people to e.g. 5 or 10 (or what ever number you choose).

3.- ACCOUNT TYPE: The respondents need a google account or any email account is ok?

Any email is fine. I would strongly encourage you to ensure that the email address belongs to a single person. I've come across situations where emails have gone to a role-based account  (e.g. man...@company.com), and then you have no idea who is actually completing it or if the respondent actually knew what they survey was all about.

4.- STATISTICS TO DOWNLOAD: What kind of statistics does your node excel downloading format exports? I'll be particularly interested in obtaining "In degree" and "out degree" for the nodes; and "weight" for the links. To obtain a useful Gephi visualisation.

You can export to VNA (for Netdraw) or Inflow. We do allow you to export to graphml, but from memory Gephi can't handle files that includes multiple networks (which is the case if you have multiple relationship sets), so in that case you may need to do some processing after exporting the file.

5.- DATA CONFIDENTIALITY: All the data is confidential right? Even if my subscription comes to an end no one can use the data obtained?

Yes - you own it. We don't use the data for anything. If your subscription expires you will not be able to download it, but you can just reactivate your subscription and it will all be there.

6.- Based on my experience with online surveys I know that errors in registering the emails happen. So my question is if I will I be able to correct the participant list even once the survey was Published, because that's when I'll realize the capture mistake has happened.

You can modify email addresses for a live survey. I do this quite frequently for my own surveys.

And finally,
7.- I'll be glad to be able to run a small test while I confirm the 2 ONA projects with my clients, How can I subscribe to the free demo?

Just sign up. That's free. You can design the draft survey and test it with a few people without that costing anything. To export the full data set you'll need a paid subscription.

cendr...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2017, 12:47:54 PM7/5/17
to ONA Surveys Forum
Thank you Cai,
based on your answers I have run a little demo and I find the tool very interesting.