[Consultant subscription] Sending survey from a 'sponsor', but replies to the consultant...

Chris Collison

May 17, 2018, 5:08:49 AM5/17/18
to ONA Surveys Forum

Apologies if I've missed this or am just being a bit dumb.

I want the survey to come from the organisational sponsor, who is a senior player.
I want the replies/out-of-office/bounce/questions to come to me.

I have the Consultant subscription (loving the colour customisation!).

How do I do this?
Do I set the Reply to: email as my Sponsor's email? (Shouldn't that be labeled as sender email?)

Thanks!

Chris Collison

May 17, 2018, 6:12:36 AM5/17/18
to ONA Surveys Forum
I think I've worked it out with some experimentation.

Reply Name:  This is the displayed name in outlook (the actual email sender is an alphanumeric @onasurveys address)
Reply to:  This is where replies/bounces/complaints etc go to.

Is that right?

caik...@gmail.com

May 18, 2018, 4:26:15 AM5/18/18
to ONA Surveys Forum
Chris,

I'll respond to your last comment first. Technically speaking, when you add the sponsor's name/email they still aren't really the sender. The sender is ONA Surveys. However, when people get the email it will appear as if it come from the sender, but if you looked at the message details you can see that the email came from ONA Surveys. Then reply, then the email will now go to the sponsor's email address.

I can understand why you think it be more meaningful for it to say 'sender', but I guess we're just (trying) to make it clear that the email is not technically sent from the sender's email account.

Let me just check on the real question you have re out-of-office and bounces. I'll have an update on Monday (at the latest).

Cheers,
Cai

Chris Collison

May 21, 2018, 8:14:20 AM5/21/18
to ONA Surveys Forum
Thanks Cai,
It's just that this particular organisation have had a big communication regarding Phishing, and verifying actual emails, so using a Sponsor name with a different underlying email will be counterproductive.
We have decided to go with a more generic, descriptive name for the account  - "[ORG name] Connections Survey"  - which should avoid any confusion, coupled with a clear internal comms approach.