Support for logout at remote authentication providers?

Mark Wood

Oct 20, 2016, 2:15:22 PM10/20/16
to omniauth
I'm rather new to omniauth.  I'm working on an existing application that uses omniauth-cas and devise.  I've been asked to provide a control that will not only log out of the current application, but invalidate the CAS ticket-granting ticket, so that any new attempt to access CAS-authenticated services results in a new login prompt.

Since omniauth-cas defines an option 'logout_url', I naturally thought there must be some way to get the plugin to do the logout.  Eventually I just grepped through the omniauth-cas code and discovered that this string appears exactly twice:  once to define the option, and once in the README.  Am I missing something, or is this option really not used at all?

(What I was hoping to find:  that omniauth defines a generic "remote logout" path which invokes strategies supporting it to do whatever they must do to ensure that the current single-signon session will not be subsequently usable to create a new local session at any service.  This would obviate the code needing to figure out which strategy the current user employed and what to do about remote logout.  Alas, I haven't found such a thing.  No, I don't mean "single sign out", at least, not as CAS defines it.)

akali...@antyplagiat.pl

Mar 23, 2017, 10:41:11 AM3/23/17
to omniauth
Have you found a solution for this?