strategy.rb#request_call : why the need for request.env['omniauth.origin'] & request.env['omniauth.params']['origin'] ?

Sascha Kästle

Mar 31, 2015, 1:12:02 PM3/31/15
to omni...@googlegroups.com
Hello there!

Some context: I'm currently digging into an issue we have with one of our apps, that'll crash with an `ActionDispatch::Cookies::CookieOverflow` because the origin url that is passed into is way too long:

Now during my investigation I saw that the origin is marshalled twice into the cookie: once under cookie['omniauth.params']['origin'] and once under cookie['omniauth.origin']

I was just wondering: What is the usecase of having the origin twice in the cookie?

Any and all insights would be helpful!

Sascha