Migration from 4.6 to 5.0

ahmad.e...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2016, 4:46:02 AM6/18/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi all,

any of you have already experience the migration form 4.6 to 5.0?.. i'm tempted to do the migration but done have enough time to troubleshoot for any error message..

:)

tq

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 20, 2016, 5:10:28 AM6/20/16
to OMNeT++ Users
You should not have big issues with the migration. The breaking changes are related to the global "simulation" and "ev" macros, changes in the logging API, introduction of namespaces + deprecated some methods and the way iterators were accessed. The first stop should be to check the include/omnetpp/ChangeLog file which have very detailed description of the public API changes.

Aside from that I'm occasionally monitoring the mailing list (as time allows) and will try to actively help with porting issues.
Rudolf

ahmad.e...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2016, 10:05:34 AM6/20/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Thank you.. i already took the leap.. hope everything will turn up ok..

ahmad

serap bakioglu

Jul 2, 2018, 10:17:41 AM7/2/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Rudolf;

I have a project which is working succesfully on omnet 4.6.
Now, I want to use it on omnet 5.3 in order to use visualizer module.
How can I do that?

I searched migration but I could not.
Please, help :)