BER

Handril Wulan

Aug 30, 2016, 11:10:29 AM8/30/16
to OMNeT++ Users
(BER)  for Bit Error Rate. I have build 2 simulation environment using OMNET 4.6 and Mixim 2.2.1. The simulation run well. I want my simulation result run according to a specific BER. But I didn't find how to change wireless channel BER i used. I just find parameter BER Lower Bound, pathloss Alpha, and frequency.

Can we defined a parameter BER for wireless channel, so, we can draw a graph with X-horizontal cordinat respect to BER value.

Handril Wulan

Aug 30, 2016, 11:14:29 AM8/30/16
to OMNeT++ Users
CONFIG.XML:
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
    <AnalogueModels>
        <AnalogueModel type="SimplePathlossModel">
            <parameter name="alpha" type="double" value="2.6"/>
            <parameter name="carrierFrequency" type="double" value="2.4e+9"/>
        </AnalogueModel>
    </AnalogueModels>
</root>

DECIDER :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
    <Decider type="Decider802154Narrow">
        <!--Length of Start Frame Delimiter (used to compute probability of successful
            synchronization)-->
        <parameter name="sfdLength" type="long" value="8"/>

        <!--minimum possible bit error rate (BER floor)-->
        <parameter name="berLowerBound" type="double" value="1e-12"/>

        <!--modulation type-->
        <parameter name="modulation" type="string" value="oqpsk16"/>
    </Decider>
</root>

Muddasir Rahim

Aug 31, 2016, 1:17:19 AM8/31/16
to omnetpp
Yeah you can define a parameter as per your requirement

(BER)  for Bit Error Rate. I have build 2 simulation environment using OMNET 4.6 and Mixim 2.2.1. The simulation run well. I want my simulation result run according to a specific BER. But I didn't find how to change wireless channel BER i used. I just find parameter BER Lower Bound, pathloss Alpha, and frequency.

Can we defined a parameter BER for wireless channel, so, we can draw a graph with X-horizontal cordinat respect to BER value.

Handril Wulan

Sep 3, 2016, 11:18:02 PM9/3/16
to OMNeT++ Users, muddas...@yahoo.com
Thanks for the reply. Do you have suggestion how define the BER paramater on the simulation and using by the MiXiM framework? so, we can draw result of simulation as impact of BER change of wireles channel.

If we using wired channel on INET, we can simply do that. but with MiXiM use different touching. they use analogue function for BER.