OMNeT++ 5.0 with gdb on MacOS

Marcel Marek

Nov 25, 2016, 9:47:27 AM11/25/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,
I am trying to run OMNeT++ with gdb under MacOS X 10.12.1.

I followed the instructions in the installation guide (only exception that I installed gdb via HomeBrew).
I verified my installation by successfully running the dyna example.
When I tried to run the IDE I got an error regarding security (untrusted developer).
I managed to by-pass it by locating the omnetpp in bin folder and selecting open, but the IDE crashes immediately (I can provide the full crashlog).
I found a solution to execute IDE by directly running ide/omnetpp.app/Contents/MacOS/omnetpp from the omnetpp directory.

Now when I try to debug an example I get the following error

Error in final launch sequence
  Failed to execute MI command:
-exec-run
Error message from debugger back end:
Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 76305: (os/kern) failure (0x5).\n (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))
  Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 76305: (os/kern) failure (0x5).\n (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))

I've included all the steps that lead to this error because I am new to MacOS, so there might actually be error in one of the previous steps.