Qtenv cand find qmake osx sierra

Nitesh Suryavanshi

Apr 8, 2017, 10:19:14 PM4/8/17
to OMNeT++ Users
When I am configuring omnet++ 5.1 on sierra ..im getting the following error

checking lex output file root... lex.yy

checking lex library... none needed

checking whether yytext is a pointer... no

checking for make... make

checking for perl... perl

checking for swig... not found

checking for math with CFLAGS="" LIBS=""... yes

checking for standard C++ lib with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-lstdc++"... yes

checking for dlopen with CFLAGS="" LIBS=""... yes

checking for qmake... no

checking for qmake-qt5... no

checking for qmake5... no

configure: error: Qtenv cannot find qmake -- maybe it is not in the PATH or has some exotic name (tested names were: qmake qmake-qt5 qmake5) - disabling Qtenv. You can try setting the QT_PATH variable in configure.user to a valid location.

Please Help.Thanks.

Rudolf Hornig

Apr 10, 2017, 5:22:35 AM4/10/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Did you sourced the setenv script before building? Do you use the macosx specific download?

The OMNeT++ installation already comes with the necessary build tools packaged in the omnetpp/macosx download.

Adil Alsuhaim

Apr 20, 2017, 12:15:50 PM4/20/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for the help, Rudolf! I was struggling with this. I had one of three issues:
  1. ./configure fails.
  2. make fails
  3. make succeed but running QtEnv based examples, like Aloha, fail.
The instruction is there in the user manual, but I guess because I was installing it on my linux machine (Desktop) and my Mac machine (MacBook Pro laptop) I confused the two.  You would want to set that permanently so that you don't have to do ". setenv" every time,  by editing ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bashrc by adding:

export PATH=$HOME/omnetpp-5.1/bin:$HOME/omnetpp-5.1/tools/macosx/bin:$PATH

export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$HOME/omnetpp-5.1/tools/macosx/plugins

I did try to play with the QT_PATH in configure.user by pointing it to $HOME/omnetpp-5.1/tools/macosx and that didn't work. I try pointing it to an installation of Qt (MacPort, Homebrew) and that didn't work. The version bundled with OMNET++ is the only one that worked.

Thanks again,
Adil
Message has been deleted

hasita kaja

Dec 6, 2017, 6:54:56 PM12/6/17
to OMNeT++ Users
hey hi, I have OMNET ++5.1.1 version and somehow I cannot get Qtenv and Tkenv to work while configuring. I use MAC OS High sierra version 10.13.1. Can anyone suggest any feasible solution? I got it to work without those environment variables but I am missing on GUI part of I dont have the variables running. I tried adding paths to bash_profile and bashrc files also. It pops up with an error which is shown below:

Configure: error: Qtenv cannot find qmake -- maybe it is not in the PATH or has some exotic name (tested names were: qmake qmake-qt5 qmake5) - disabling Qtenv. You can try setting the QT_PATH variable in configure.user to a valid location.

I tried modifying the bash_profile and bashrc to modify the path but it wouldn't work. Please help me out.

Thank you

Hasita

C. Drew

Feb 7, 2018, 9:41:12 PM2/7/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hey all.
This got me pointed in the right direction.  The solution in the manual version I had didn't quite work, but the one posted below by Adil Alsuhaim did work!
But it took some time to figure out.
For those who are unfamiliar with the procedure (I sure was clueless), here's exactly what I did to fix the issue:

(PRE-REQUISITES: I am using macOS 10.13.3 High Sierra, the Java Runtime/JRE and Command Line Tools have been installed,
gdb has been installed with homebrew, and it's been signed with a self-signed certificate.  This is all stuff that needs to be done.
If you haven't done this yet, go read the InstallGuide.pdf file in the "doc" folder in your downloaded OMNET installation archive.)

Step 1: Fire up Terminal.app  (Command + Space --> Type: terminal --> press return)
You should be in your home directory (should have your username, and a "$" symbol).

Step 2: Type:
nano .bash_profile
This command will open the .bash_profile document (or create it if it doesn’t already exist) in the easiest to use text editor in Terminal – Nano.
Side note -- this file is super awesome and powerful. You can customize all sorts of bash stuff (the terminal prompt thingy you're typing in).
For now, we're just gonna fix this problem.

Step 3: Now you can make a simple change to the file.
If there's other stuff in the file (usually not), you'll need to use the arrow keys to move the cursor to the end of the file. Not mandatory, just a safe choice.
You will probably have to right-click to paste, or use the Edit menu at the top of your screen.
(Do NOT try to use Command-V to paste in most terminals.... although I forget if macOS allows it or not.)

Paste these lines of code in the file:
export PATH=$HOME/omnetpp-5.2.1/bin:$HOME/omnetpp-5.2.1/tools/macosx/bin:$PATH
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$HOME/omnetpp-5.2.1/tools/macosx/plugins
NOTE: make sure you change the version number above (5.2.1) to whatever the version number of OMNET you're actually using!
NOTE: this path is assuming that you placed the OMNET folder where it's (default) supposed to go: your home directory! E.G., "/Users/yourNameHere/ "
If you followed the installation manual by the letter, you're good. If not, edit as-needed.

Step 4: Now save your changes by pressing Control+O
Hit return to save.
Finally, exit Nano by typing Control+X

Step 5: Now we need to activate your changes.
Type:
source .bash_profile

After you type this, you probably won't see anything happen except for another prompt appearing. That's okay. It worked.

Step 6: change directory to your OMNET installation (this should be in your home directory) by typing:
cd omnet --> (press tab key) --> (press enter)
This will introduce you to a really cool feature: the bash terminal thingy will auto-complete filenames and foldernames for you! This is assuming it's a unique entity... more or less.

Step 7: type
./configure
Make sure to review the messages to ensure everything worked. In the final couple lines of output, you should see "... this is good!"
as it references the QTenv stuff that we've been having trouble with... now having a proper Path.
This is good. Everything is good.
If you see a caution message about two non-mandatory packages not being found ("MPI (optional)  Akaroa (optional)"), don't worry.

Step 8: type
make
and go relax with a cuppa tea or something stronger, while you ponder your career choices :)

Ameera Al-harthi

Apr 2, 2018, 8:35:06 PM4/2/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanx , that work with me , Hint: to save  nano .bash_profile ( control+o followed be enter and control+x)

Gopalji Varshneya

Nov 27, 2018, 6:12:43 AM11/27/18
to OMNeT++ Users

write on terminal window
export PATH=$HOME/omnetpp-5.4.1/bin:$HOME/omnetpp-5.4.1/tools/macosx/bin:$PATH
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$HOME/omnetpp-5.4.1/tools/macosx/plugins
it will work ,

omnetpp-5.4.1 folder must be in your home directory.