HOW TO CONNECT OMNET++ AND SUMO

raju

Nov 16, 2012, 12:20:29 PM11/16/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I WANT TO CONNECT OMNET++ AND SUMO FOR MY SIMULATION IN UBUNTU

i got some tutorial from http://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/ and the last step told about this but that is for windows

i want for ubuntu

Christoph Sommer

Nov 17, 2012, 12:14:00 AM11/17/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raju,

raju wrote:
> i got some tutorial from http://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/ and the last
> step told about this but that is for windows
>
> i want for ubuntu

Aside from the paths given and the opening of the OMNeT++ MinGW command
line window vs. a regular command line window, these steps are similar
when building and running the simulations on Linux or Mac OS X.

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Institute of Computer Science

Rajendra prasad Nayak

Nov 17, 2012, 1:26:21 AM11/17/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
thanks u sir for replay

/c/Users/user/src/veins-2.0/sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /c/Users/user/src/sumo-0.15.0/bin/sumo.exe

but sir  in the above line that is present in veins tutorial for windows sumo.exe is present in side bin and it is executing..but  as in linux no .exe file then what file to run instead of sumo.exe????

another question does the -vv work for linux

Christoph Sommer

Nov 17, 2012, 3:40:28 AM11/17/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raju,

Rajendra prasad Nayak wrote:
> in linux no .exe file then what file to run

on Linux, sumo.exe is called sumo

Happy to help,

Christoph

--
Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Institute of Computer Science
University of Innsbruck, Austria
Phone: +43 512 507-96835 / Fax: -9888
http://ccs.uibk.ac.at/~sommer/

Jeferson Miguel Thalheimer

Nov 17, 2012, 6:48:06 AM11/17/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I managed to integrate the two simulators, both who performed normally on Omnet + +, but I can not see the simulation I created working within the juice .. Someone could tell me what I gotta do to get the juice on connecting door that appears when you start the proxy?
thank you

2012/11/16 raju <rajendr...@gmail.com>
I WANT TO CONNECT OMNET++ AND SUMO FOR MY SIMULATION IN UBUNTU

i got some tutorial from http://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/ and the last step told about this but that is for windows

i want for ubuntu

raju

Nov 17, 2012, 10:01:18 AM11/17/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com, christop...@uibk.ac.at
thanks a lot sir thank u

finally it is connected

Christoph Sommer

Nov 18, 2012, 12:31:25 AM11/18/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Jeferson,

Jeferson Miguel Thalheimer wrote:
> Someone could tell me what I gotta do to get the juice on
> connecting door that appears when you start the proxy?

Could you please rephrase that question? I do not quite understand what
you mean.

Best,

Jeferson Miguel Thalheimer

Nov 18, 2012, 8:17:45 AM11/18/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

1-could integrate the two simulators (image ajuda1).
2- the simulation is working on Omnet + +  (image ajuda2).

how do I appear in this simulation SUMO at the same time?

2012/11/18 Christoph Sommer <christop...@uibk.ac.at>
ajuda1.png
ajuda2.png

Raisa M

Apr 3, 2013, 9:40:58 PM4/3/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com, christop...@uibk.ac.at

I WANT TO CONNECT OMNET++ AND SUMO FOR MY SIMULATION IN windows 7

In the OMNeT++ MinGW command line window, run /c/Users/user/src/veins-2.0/sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /c/Users/user/src/sumo-0.15.0/bin/sumo.exe to start it.

what the purpose of -w -c?

Christoph Sommer

Apr 7, 2013, 8:38:00 AM4/7/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raisa,

Raisa M wrote:
>> In the OMNeT++ MinGW command line window, run /c/Users/user/src/veins-2.0/sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /c/Users/user/src/sumo-0.15.0/bin/sumo.exe to start it.
>
> what the purpose of -w -c?

the command line switches are explained in the documentation [1]:

-vv increases the verbosity (two times, note that these are two 'v')
-c gives the command to run for launching SUMO

Best,

Christoph

[1] http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/sumo-launchd/

Federico Cuatto

Nov 5, 2013, 8:32:02 AM11/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Goodmornig!
sorry if I'm intruding, but I have a question.
If wanted for example ensure that cars communicate with each other, for example if they are at an intersection and there is a stationary machine, the machine that follows arrives at high speed, at that point it is possible to send a warning signal this machine in order to slow it down?
Using Omnet++ & SUMO.
Thanks in advance

Christoph Sommer

Nov 5, 2013, 10:11:02 AM11/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Federico,

Federico Cuatto wrote:
> it is possible to send a warning signal this machine in order to slow it
> down? Using Omnet++ & SUMO.

yes, you can send arbitrary messages using Veins. Also, you can change
vehicles' speeds. So, this should be possible.

Best,

Christoph
Message has been deleted

jay doley

Apr 6, 2015, 3:08:03 AM4/6/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
respected ,
  Dr Christoph Sommer

 Sir i'am trying to connect omnetpp with sumo .sir i have started the python file to to connect SUMO using the command = veinspath: python-lunchd.py --vv home:/sumo-0.22.0/bin/sumo.exe   .

This gives me =Logging to /tmp/sumo-launchd.log
Listening on port 9999

 After that i went to omnettpp and run the veins .ini file which giving me the following error  error ..

 !> Error during startup: Unknown command-line configuration option --tkenv-image-path
.
OMNeT++ Discrete Event Simulation  (C) 1992-2013 Andras Varga, OpenSim Ltd.
Version: 4.5, build: 140714-c6b1772, edition: Academic Public License -- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
See the license for distribution terms and warranty disclaimer

End.
Starting...

$ cd /home/jay/veins-3.0/examples/veins
$ opp_run -r 0 -n .:../../src --tkenv-image-path=../../images -l ../../src/veins omnetpp.ini

Simulation terminated with exit code: 1
Working directory: /home/jay/veins-3.0/examples/veins
Command line: opp_run -r 0 -n .:../../src --tkenv-image-path=../../images -l ../../src/veins omnetpp.ini

Environment variables:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/jay/omnetpp-4.5/lib::/home/jay/veins-3.0/src:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/../lib/amd64
PATH=/home/jay/omnetpp-4.5/bin::/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:usr/lib/tcl8.4
OMNETPP_IMAGE_PATH=/home/jay/omnetpp-4.5/images

what went wrong sir !

 regards
 Jay Doley

Livinus Tuyisenge

Apr 10, 2015, 8:19:25 AM4/10/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christoph,me also I have this problem to simulate the veins-2.1 tutorial at the final step.
When I run it using omnetpp-4.6 ,sumo-0.22.0 in Ubuntu 14.04 or omnetpp-4.3,sumo-0.17.0 in windows 7,I get this error message

Error in module(TraCIscenarioManagerLaunchd)scenario.manager(I'd=4)at event#1,t=0:Attempted to read past end of byte buffer.

It is the same when I tried to run the Traci_launchd example found in the mixin folder.

What is wrong and how can I fix it.
Thanks in advance

Christoph Sommer

Apr 15, 2015, 10:46:28 AM4/15/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
jay doley wrote:
> i went to omnettpp and run the veins .ini file which giving me the
> following error error ..
>
> !> Error during startup: Unknown command-line configuration option
> --tkenv-image-path

Are you able to run any other simulation in OMNeT++? Maybe your
installation misses some parts.

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems Group

Avinash Tarale

Apr 27, 2015, 10:56:17 AM4/27/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, christop...@uibk.ac.at
Hello Dr. Christoph,

I am trying to install Veins on mac OS, but I couldn't find the 'sumo' inside the 'bin' folder under main directory.
Could you please help me with this issue.

Regards,
Avinash

Rens van der Heijden

Apr 28, 2015, 8:35:05 AM4/28/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, christop...@uibk.ac.at
Are you sure that SUMO compiled correctly? If you're not on windows, you'll need to compile SUMO manually. See also the SUMO documentation pages:
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Installing
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Installing/MacOS_Build

Also, make sure you use the correct SUMO version with the correct VEINS version (I recommend you use the numbers that the VEINS tutorial suggests).

Regards,
Rens

Manish Chowdhary

Apr 28, 2015, 9:08:16 AM4/28/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, christop...@uibk.ac.at
Hi
Greetings
I am working on my project energy efficient video streaming in mobile device.
i am using omnet ++/ mixim
however using Host802154_2400MHz i am not able to generate mean power consumption,
i have read your group comment to make
battery.publishDelta = 1
        battery.publishTime = 0

however it is still not working for me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

jeeva arumugam

Feb 22, 2016, 1:08:50 AM2/22/16
to OMNeT++ Users
i am eager to know some answers from the expertises like u people.
i want to implement jammer presence in vanet..is it possible while am using omnetpp.
please i need a solution and also convey me some other possibilities to implement the jammer

jeeva arumugam

Feb 22, 2016, 1:11:38 AM2/22/16
to OMNeT++ Users
someone please help me to find the compatibility of sumo 0.24.0 .like which omnetpp version is permit able  one to import the sumo 0.24.0 version.

Christoph Sommer

Feb 23, 2016, 10:19:01 AM2/23/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Might I point you to the Veins website?

The list at...

http://veins.car2x.org/download/

...lets you download various Veins versions and lists compatibility of
OMNeT++ and SUMO versions.

Carlos Saldaña

Aug 16, 2017, 2:52:10 PM8/16/17
to OMNeT++ Users, christop...@uibk.ac.at

Dear Dr. Christoph Sommer, Im new at Sumo and Omnet++, im trying to link a basic sumo simulation i have to Omnet++ to be able to use Veins lte and work a project related to Intelligent Transportation Systems using LTE, similar to what some people simulate using 802.11 protocols.
Can you please help in this task or give some advice on how to work this out.

Best regards.

Amit Krishna

Feb 21, 2019, 5:34:49 PM2/21/19
to OMNeT++ Users

Hi Sir,

I am able to run sumo using the command :
Mysys:~/plexe-veins-vehicle/examples/human$ '/home/plexe-veins-vehicle/s
umo-launchd.py' -vv -c sumo --port 9902

Logging to /tmp/sumo-launchd.log
Listening on port 9902

After that I run my Simulation in omnetpp using a  command
:
Mysys:~/plexe-veins-vehicle/examples/human$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/openssl/ ./run

The Simulator pops up with an Error as shown in the Attachment .Please Help
4.png

fazli mohamed

Feb 2, 2020, 7:49:55 AM2/2/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello, I'm at the beginner stage with using VENTOS simulator and with SUMO& OMNET++ for VANET, Pls do you have any things that help me, cuz i can't find anything that help me