Inet & Mixim integration issue ( quite puzzled )

Seer Liu

Aug 31, 2015, 5:59:19 AM8/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users
I installed inet and mixim successfully, and I made mixim refer to inet as the tutorial told me and it is ok. I used network and higher layers from inet and mac and physical layers from mixim. It is ok.
However,
when I want network layer to get an access to data in mac layer, which means inet access data in mixim, it is not okay.

I made inet refer to mixim which here inet->mxim & mixim -> inet. The dependency relation is quite weird but there is no errors and I can realize what I want. Is this ok?
Since all I learnt before is making mixim rely to inet, here I also make inet rely to mixim. Is it logically approved?

Thank you so so much.

Rudolf Hornig

Aug 31, 2015, 9:35:01 AM8/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users
One question: is there a particular reason why you are using MiXiM + INET 2.x instead of using INET 3.0? Almost all MiXiM features (including the detailed physical layer) were ported to INET 3.0 from mixim.

Seer Liu

Sep 8, 2015, 2:12:36 AM9/8/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rudolf,
       I keep using INET + MIXIM because I have changed blocks of codes and it seems a large project for me to transfer into INET3.0. Any good suggestion for me is welcome.
       Thank you so much~