how to lunch a simulation using OMNET++ , SUMO and VEINS to simulate VANET

TALBI Elhadi

Apr 9, 2013, 8:53:28 PM4/9/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Dear Alessandro

I’m a computing science student at ESI (Ecole Superieur national d’Informatique) an IT School in Algeria. I am writing my dissertation on a project called (Vehicular Ad hoc NETwork). I chosed OMNET++, Veins and SUMO for the network simulation. I found your email on OMNETpp google groupe.

During my research I encountered a couple of problems when it came to the integration of SUMO and Veins in the simulator OMNET++ as well as the lack of tutorials that can help me progress in my dissertation. I want to ask for your advice and tutorials that can help me understand how OMNET++, SUMO and Veins work together.

i have never used OMNET++ before and i would be very grateful if someone can explain to me the process and the different steps of a vehicular network simulation using OMNET++ and SUMO veins and TraCI.

.

TALBI Elhadi Belkacem Mokhtar

Apr 9, 2013, 9:00:04 PM4/9/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I’m a computing science student at ESI (Ecole Superieur national d’Informatique) an IT School in Algeria. I am writing my dissertation on a project called (Vehicular Ad hoc NETwork). I chosed OMNET++, Veins and SUMO for the network simulation. I found your email on OMNETpp google groupe.

During my research I encountered a couple of problems when it came to the integration of SUMO and Veins in the simulator OMNET++ as well as the lack of tutorials that can help me progress in my dissertation. I want to ask for your advice and tutorials that can help me understand how OMNET++, SUMO and Veins work together.

i have never used OMNET++ before and i would be very grateful if someone can explain to me the process and the different steps of a vehicular network simulation using OMNET++ and SUMO veins and TraCI.

Christoph Sommer

Apr 10, 2013, 2:56:39 AM4/10/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
TALBI Elhadi wrote:
> i have never used OMNET++ before and i would be very grateful if someone
> can explain to me the process and the different steps of a vehicular
> network simulation

If you've never used OMNeT++ before, the best way forward would be to
learn OMNeT++. There is an easy to understand tutorial and a very good
user manual available at <http://www.omnetpp.org/documentation>.

Once you are familiar with OMNeT++, you can try vehicular network
simulation. The Veins tutorial at <http://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/>
might serve as a nice starting point, helping you to quickly get a
simple simulation running.

Bestm

Christoph

--
Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Institute of Computer Science

TALBI Elhadi Belkacem Mokhtar

Apr 10, 2013, 6:10:41 PM4/10/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I already have read this tutorial that talks about how to install OMNET, sumo and veins but I still have not found a tutorial who talks about the different steps and how to simulate a vehicular ad hoc network using omnetpp veins and SUMO

Talbi Elhadi
thank you for your help and your attention

Javier Zuñiga

Apr 28, 2013, 8:04:32 PM4/28/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i just got started with my dissertation about VANET too, im working with Veins, Sumo, and Omnet. Im not so good handling them but i´d like to help you, because i´ve fixed some instalation problems. Right now i dont know how to measure throughput, because i just adapted the veins example to run some simulations. We could help each other if you want to.

Thanks.

Javier Eduardo Zúñiga Muñoz
Colombia

Javier Zuñiga

Apr 28, 2013, 8:08:37 PM4/28/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
This one seems pretty good http://balador.org/talks/grc-1.pdf

TALBI Elhadi

Apr 29, 2013, 9:21:35 AM4/29/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
is it normal that the map doesn't appear on the simulation when i run the veins example from omnetpp ?

dear javier thank you for your  help :) i've found another interesting document that can help you.

HPhuleThesis5-2012.pdf

Christoph Sommer

Apr 30, 2013, 2:58:54 AM4/30/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
TALBI Elhadi wrote:
> is it normal that the map doesn't appear on the simulation when i run
> the veins example from omnetpp ?

please see the Veins tutorial at [1] for how things should look.

Best,

Christoph

[1] http://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/

Javier Zuñiga

Apr 30, 2013, 11:16:10 AM4/30/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
If you write "sumo-gui.exe" instead of "sumo.exe" when you call sumo-launchd.py you can see it

HALLA 99

Jun 11, 2013, 4:05:54 PM6/11/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour, I'm also new comer with veins, sumo and omnetpp. Yes we can help each other. I have alos the same question , i want to show the map and the vehicles in same time. i tryed sumo-gui.exe when call sumo-launchd.py but this gives two separate windows.

Mohsen Sichani

Dec 17, 2014, 8:31:24 PM12/17/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christoph/others fellows

I have worked with Omnet before and I need to have mobility model like cities in my research. My problem is that I am not going to use 802.11p/WAVE as the standard, I am dealing with 802.11g/802.11s.
I was wondering if you could kindly let me know if I can use VEINS for my research or not.

I have one more questions. Since, I am doing my code in INETMANET, could you please let me know how I can adjust this parameter:
*.manager.moduleType =?

I appreciate any help.

Cheers
Mohsen

Deribe Abera

Feb 16, 2016, 5:48:26 AM2/16/16
to OMNeT++ Users, e_t...@esi.dz
 i am working my thesis in VANET and vehicle to vehicle communication using geographic routing and in need to use suno and omnetpp please any help

.

sparsh sharma

Feb 17, 2016, 2:40:16 AM2/17/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello brother.. i have started working on omnet++ for vanet implementation... seeking your help in this topic ..
can u please help me using skype or teamviewer...  i ll be thankful to you

sparsh sharma

Feb 17, 2016, 2:40:56 AM2/17/16
to OMNeT++ Users, e_t...@esi.dz
Hello brother.. i have started working on omnet++ for vanet implementation... seeking your help in this topic ..
can u please help me using skype or teamviewer...  i ll be thankful to you

Gayathri natesan

Sep 11, 2016, 7:09:01 AM9/11/16
to OMNeT++ Users

KS

Dec 6, 2019, 9:37:00 AM12/6/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Javier, could you please send me your email to ask you a couple of things???

Por favor!! :)