RXTXLostPackets count is non zero even when allowTxDuringRx=false

rajeswar reddy

Oct 8, 2017, 3:34:57 AM10/8/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Omnet/Veins Experts,

Sorry for reposting this here. I really need help with this question. Can anyone please take a look.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46582060/rxtxlostpackets-count-is-non-zero-even-when-allowtxduringrx-false

Thanks,
Rajeswar.

rajeswar reddy

Oct 26, 2017, 2:11:47 AM10/26/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

Can anyone clarify if this is expected behaviour.

rajeswar reddy

Nov 26, 2017, 11:07:50 AM11/26/17
to OMNeT++ Users
As far as my understanding, this is collision behaviour. When multiple nodes think that channel is idle and starts transmission but soon they start recieving from other node that has initiated transmission almost at the same time. So both these nodes set this statistic. So i think this is collision behaviour. Other nodes treat this as biterror/collision/successful packet and it is random. But the transmitting nodes treat it as successful transmission and does not retry. I am still in learning phase, anyone can correct this understanding. I have updated the stackoverflow page with observations.