Parallel simulation

Lynda Algerienne

Dec 26, 2011, 12:20:37 PM12/26/11
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I am using Omnet++ and in my simulation several nodes can transmit in parallel.
I put in my OMNET.pp

[General]
 parallel-simulation=true
 parsim-communications-class = "cMPICommunications"
 parsim-synchronization-class = "cNullMessageProtocol"

but I had the following error:

<!> Error: Class "cMPICommunications" not found -- perhaps its code was not
linked in, or the class wasn't registered via Register_Class()

Can any one help me?

George Rusiichev

Feb 2, 2012, 10:57:29 AM2/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
you have to compile OMNeT++ with MPI support

1. put the path to headers and lib of your MPI instatliton  in configure.user
example:

MPI_CFLAGS="-I /c/omnetpp-4.2.1/DeinoMPI/include"
#MPI_LIBS="-pthread -llammpio -llammpi++ -llamf77mpi -lmpi -llam -laio -laio -lutil"
MPI_LIBS="-L /c/omnetpp-4.2.1/DeinoMPI/lib -lcxx -lmpi"   #SGI

2. do ./configure

3. make

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 2, 2012, 11:27:18 AM2/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Just to avoid confusion:

you DO NOT need to use OMNeT++'s parallel simulation support to simulate nodes that can transmit in parallel. OMNeT++ can simulate parallel processes just fine on a single CPU. You will get EXACTLY the same result running omnet on a single processor or using the parallel execution (tough in certain cases the parallel support will give you your results faster).

Rudolf

punit gupta

Nov 27, 2015, 9:44:51 AM11/27/15
to OMNeT++ Users
hii how can we make the node transmit in parallel in omnet++ please let me know