Asynchronous TCP Sockets with Multi-threating in OMNET++

Mani Amoozadeh

Feb 19, 2015, 10:09:32 PM2/19/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is is possible to create asynchronous TCP sockets that support multi-threading in OMNET++.
What I have in mind is to use Boost to create such a program, but I was wondering if the OMNET++ kernel allows such a thing.

Thanks!

- Mani

Raphael Riebl

Feb 20, 2015, 3:47:53 AM2/20/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mani,

it is possible to integrate multiple asynchronous sockets into OMNeT++, I have done something like that before.
However, OMNeT++ is not thread-safe (at least to the extent I am aware), so I decided to process IO operations of these sockets in a custom event scheduler sequentially.

Best regards,
Raphael