How to set the name of cOutVector such that it is displayed in the .anf file?

baukran

Sep 9, 2017, 11:50:02 AM9/9/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

In my simulation I declare and use a cOutVector as follows:

cOutVector* foo = new cOutVector("foo");
foo->record(value);

After the simulation has been completed, I open the .vec file and a .anf file is created. The "Vectors" tab looks as follows:

As can be seen, the "Name" column is selected, but a name is not shown, probably because no "name" is given to the vectors?
The other vectors there are from TCP's module. They should have a name, shouldn't they?

When I plot all these vectors it looks like this:

As can be seen, when I click on the legend box top right the names are not shown in the legend as well.
This makes it very cumbersome to analyze the data, also regarding the previous step: I don't know which vector I have to select (right click-> plot data) in order to see e.g. the vectors for "cwnd" and "foo".

When I right click on one of the lines in the chart and go to property it looks like this:

The information which vector there is is in "Line Id", but it is not shown in the "Vectors" tab or in the generated plot's legend.

To sum it up: How can I give a custom cOutVector a name which will be displayed in the .anf file / in the "Vectors" tab / the plot? The same holds for vectors which are given by TCP.

My .ini file looks like this:

[General]
record-eventlog     = false
cmdenv-express-mode = true
network             = MyNetwork
**.forwarding       = true
**.arpType          = "GlobalARP"
**.networkLayerType = "MyNetworkLayer"

**.eth[*].**.vector-recording = false
**.eth[*].**.scalar-recording = false
**.lo0.**.vector-recording = false
**.lo0.**.scalar-recording = false

**.tcp.cwnd.vector-recording              = true
**.tcp.send window.vector-recording = false

**.tcp.sent seq.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.advertised window.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.rcvd ack.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.unacked bytes.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.rcvd dupAcks.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.receive window.vector-recording = true

**.tcp.measured RTT.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.RTO.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.sent ack.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.rcvd seq.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.RTTVAR.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.smoothed RTT.vector-recording = false
**.tcp.tcpRcvQueueBytes.vector-recording = false

It would be great if you could help me to debug this!

baukran

Sep 15, 2017, 10:33:26 AM9/15/17
to OMNeT++ Users
No idea why this could happen? :(

scimbe

Oct 13, 2017, 7:18:20 AM10/13/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

we got the same effect using setName in the constructor and not in the initialize() method.

Best
Martin