How to change the transmission power at runtime in Veins?

Guilherme Maia

Sep 22, 2016, 2:26:34 PM9/22/16
to OMNeT++ Users

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how to change the transmission power (txPower) at runtime from the application layer in Veins. For instance, consider an application in which a vehicle dynamically adapts its transmission power according to the number of vehicles in its neighborhood.

[]'s

Guilherme

Christoph Sommer

Sep 26, 2016, 9:42:09 AM9/26/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Good idea!

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems (CCS Labs)

Christoph Sommer

Sep 26, 2016, 9:46:05 AM9/26/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Good idea! Veins 4.4 allows to attach an OMNeT++ ControlInfo class to
frames sent to the MAC layer to set modulation and coding scheme or
transmit power. See the source code of the MAC layer, particularly line
193
<https://github.com/sommer/veins/blob/veins-4.4/src/veins/modules/mac/ieee80211p/Mac1609_4.cc#L193>
for how this is achieved.
Message has been deleted

M J

Jul 12, 2017, 11:41:29 AM7/12/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I want to get more advanced with veins, I cannot find any tutorials on the web except the one they have after the installation, anything you can include that would be great. Thank you.

Rich

Sep 20, 2017, 11:54:52 PM9/20/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, did you happen to figure out how to achieve this ? thanks