Plexe-Vein and OMNET++

Carolina

Jun 16, 2017, 9:22:20 PM6/16/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

I am the newbie of plexe-vein. Can anyone here advise me in plexe-vein how to create different networks for different platoon but using the same communication channel? How can we find the communication range in the plexe?

Michele Segata

Jun 19, 2017, 5:52:39 AM6/19/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Carolina,

What do you mean by "different networks but using the same communication
channel"? If you use the same communication channel, the only thing you
can do is a "logic" separation, for example by using the id of the
leader to identify your "logic network". Clearly, the lower level
network is the same, so platoon vehicles will contend for the same
channel and interfere with each other.

W.r.t. the communication range, there is no deterministic communication
range. The communication range depends on the parameters you choose,
including transmission power, frequency, modulation and coding scheme,
path loss and channel models, interference, and so on. In addition, the
communication range is time-varying, and it is probabilistic. There is
no "hard" boundary saying "at distance X I receive a packet, at distance
Y I don't", as packets are received with a probability described by bit
error rate models.

Best,
Michele
> --

Michele Segata, PhD
Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science
University of Trento, Italy
https://ans.disi.unitn.it/~segata
Message has been deleted

Michele Segata

Jun 20, 2017, 8:17:28 AM6/20/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
CSMA/CA is used by both in any case. CSMA/CA is the channel access
scheme of 802.11p. Before sending a packet any vehicle checks whether
the channel is free and, in case, postpone the transmission. Changing
the beacon interval doesn't guarantee you that they won't interfere.

Anyhow, if you are interested in having different beacon intervals for
different platoons, use parameter arrays

https://omnetpp.org/doc/omnetpp/manual/#sec:simple-modules:emulating-parameter-arrays

Best,
Michele