SUMO installation problem on MAC

TIM

Mar 29, 2017, 1:17:00 PM3/29/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hello everyone,

i'm beginner in SUMO.
however, after i type ./configure CXX=clang++ CXXFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++ -std=gnu++11" --with-xerces=/usr/local --with-proj-gdal=/usr/local    in the terminal, the terminal show -bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
i have no idea to fix this problem.

does anyone help me?
thanks a lot.

TIM

Michael Kirsche

Mar 29, 2017, 1:38:54 PM3/29/17
to OMNeT++ Users
You did download the sources of SUMO, unpack them etc. right? (like it is stated at the beginning of the Linux guide for example: http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Installing/Linux_Build#Getting_the_source_code)
The configure script is located in the sumo source folder...

There is also a homebrew recipe to install SUMO: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science/blob/master/sumo.rb

TIM

Mar 30, 2017, 4:50:44 AM3/30/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Michael Kirsche,

thanks very much!
yes, I forget to unpack SUMO file.
Now, I have installed SUMO!

Christian

Jul 17, 2017, 3:58:41 PM7/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,
I have run into the same problem as TIM. Michaels's earlier response helped move forward a little. I have downloaded and unpacked the the sources of SUMO. They are still in my downloads folder. I am able to run the ./configure command.  But when I try to build: make -j`sysctl -n hw.ncpu` as prescribed in the same installation guide cited above (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Installing/MacOS_Build_w_Homebrew), terminal comes back with the following message: make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My experience level is very low.