How to run the sumo-launchd.py command in linux

Pedro BAGATIN VELEDA BERMUDEZ

Dec 29, 2016, 9:07:13 PM12/29/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi I already installed omnet, and sudo. Now I want to run the veins programs for that I am using the veins-veins-4.4
The command is the following one: ./sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /Desktop/sumo-0.28-0/bin
And it fails at Starting SUMO (exit code -1)
Maybe the problem is in "/Desktop/sumo-0.28-0/bin", right?
In this folder there are only two files, one is the Makefile.am and the other one is Makefile.in.
Is it right? should SUDO program run?

Pablo

Dec 30, 2016, 4:30:41 AM12/30/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

Firstly, check that the python script can be executed:

$chmod u+x sumo-launchd.py

Then, the command should be one of the following (the executable name is missing):

./sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /Desktop/sumo-0.28-0/bin/sumo

./sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /Desktop/sumo-0.28-0/bin/sumo-gui

Those executables should exist in the bin subdirectory under the SUMO installation directory, usually: /usr/local/bin.
Look for them with:
$ find / -name sumo-gui

Any user can execute them without SUDO.

Regards
Pablo

Pedro BAGATIN VELEDA BERMUDEZ

Jan 2, 2017, 1:36:48 AM1/2/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much for your help

It worked, had to install SUMO 0.25.0 instead of SUMO 0.28.0 to work as well

Christoph Sommer

Jan 12, 2017, 4:17:35 AM1/12/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Pedro BAGATIN VELEDA BERMUDEZ wrote:
> When I wrote the command $ find / -name sumo-gui
>
> I located it in /usr/bin/sumo-gui
>
> So can you explain please how I run the sumo program using a terminal
> command, please?

You note that you found SUMO as "/usr/bin/sumo-gui". This is what you
need to run on the command line: just type "/usr/bin/sumo-gui".

To let sumo-launchd run this command to execute SUMO, simply put the
same string as the "-c" option.

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems (CCS Labs)

younes amadiaz

Apr 11, 2023, 10:24:55 AM4/11/23
to OMNeT++ Users

/c/younes/omnetpp-5.6.2-src-windows/omnetpp-5.6.2$ C:\younes\veins-master\veins-master\sumo-launchd.py -vv -c 'C:\Program Files x86\Eclipse\Sumo\bin\sumo-gui.exe'
bash: C:younesveins-masterveins-mastersumo-launchd.py : commande introuvable

/c/younes/omnetpp-5.6.2-src-windows/omnetpp-5.6.2$ c\younes\veins-master\veins-master\sumo-launchd.py -vv -c 'c\Program Files x86\Eclipse\Sumo\bin\sumo-gui.exe'
bash: cyounesveins-masterveins-mastersumo-launchd.py : commande introuvable

/c/younes/omnetpp-5.6.2-src-windows/omnetpp-5.6.2$

I have this probleme if you know something to help me , please some help
Capturejj.PNG

Ibtissem Nad

May 15, 2023, 5:53:22 AM5/15/23
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Copy the location of the veins and paste into the terminal, but delete the word location, then write -vv -c sumo-gui.exe

aa.png
aaa.png