Re: [Omnetpp-l] Digest for omnetpp@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 6 topics

Rahul Sonkamble

Apr 22, 2014, 10:30:34 AM4/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Environment variables:
PATH=;D:/Study/Mtech Project/OmnetSimulations/old/inet-2.3.0rc/inet/src;D:\Project\omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows\omnetpp-4.4.1\bin;D:\Project\omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows\omnetpp-4.4.1\msys\bin;D:\Project\omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows\omnetpp-4.4.1\mingw\bin;D:/Project/omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows/omnetpp-4.4.1/ide/jre/bin/client;D:/Project/omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows/omnetpp-4.4.1/ide/jre/bin;D:/Project/omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows/omnetpp-4.4.1/ide/jre/lib/i386;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom 802.11\Driver;D:\Project\omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows\omnetpp-4.4.1\mingw\bin\;D:\Project\omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows\omnetpp-4.4.1\ide;
OMNETPP_IMAGE_PATH=D:\Project\omnetpp-4.4.1-src-windows\omnetpp-4.4.1\images

am getting this error when i tried to run one of the examples in INET. Please help me

Mr. Sonkamble Rahul G.
Mtech Second Year
VJTI
Mob : 7387427827

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM, <omn...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/omnetpp/topics

    Ronaldinho <zj794...@gmail.com> Apr 21 11:39PM -0700

    I did these step,but it dose not work. i found aother answer
    here http://ytbau.blogspot.com/2011/05/omnet-v41-rc2-how-to-install-and-run.html.
    it says "If you get the error message, "Failed to create Java Virtual
    Machine." by double-clicking omnetpp.exe at C:\omnetpp-4.3\ide\omnetpp.exe
    with OMNeT++ v4.3, type the "$ omnetpp" in the mingwenv.cmd terminal to
    open OMNeT++ IDE. A better solution is by restart your PC before
    double-clicking the omnetpp.exe executable file."

    在 2014年2月20日星期四UTC+8上午2时37分36秒,Salem Othman写道:

    Rahul Sonkamble <rahulgs...@gmail.com> Apr 22 10:15AM +0530

    am not getting .exe file when i build the helloworld programme...Program is
    giving two errors

    Description Resource Path Location Type make: *** [all] Error 2
    helloworld C/C++
    Problem
    Description Resource Path Location Type make[1]: ***
    [../out/gcc-debug/src/helloworld.exe] Error 1 helloworld C/C++ Problem

    Can anyone help me about this?

    *Mr. Sonkamble Rahul G.*

    *Mtech Second Year*

    *VJTI*

    *Mob : 7387427827*

    Joanne <siro...@gmail.com> Apr 21 10:42AM -0700

    You need

    inet-2.2.0 integration branch from git
    sumo 0.19.0
    veins 2.2

    Using the code is simple
    Be sure to run sumo first, otherwise everything will crash, if you are in
    windows go to the mingwenv and run the script veins provided (see veins
    tutorial)
    All simulations are in the simulation folder just right click the
    omnetpp.ini and run as Omnet++ Simulation

    On Friday, April 18, 2014 10:39:46 PM UTC-4, Priyank Sanghavi wrote:

    Alfonso Ariza Quintana <aari...@hotmail.com> Apr 21 11:20AM +0200

    Have you included this patch?

    https://github.com/aarizaq/inetmanet-2.0/commit/255d731f4bfa5b21b27a8121e77f4d0cc4dd0c04

    this should fix the problem

    Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 04:19:25 -0700
    From: yorkst...@gmail.com <javascript:>
    To: omn...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>

    Dear all,

    I know the Hwmp protocol includes the airtime link computation in the Etx.cc file.

    However, it does not work successfully.

    I guess I do not turn on the parameters in .ini.

    Do you know how to active ETX protocol in the ieee 802.11s mesh hwmp?

    my .ini setting:

    **.wlan[*].mgmt.useHwmp = true ## enables HWMP protocol by default in reactive mode

    **.wlan.mgmt.useReactive = false #DYMO-UM in the mac layer, it's possible to use AODV

    **.wlan.mgmt.useProactive = false #OLSR-UM in the mac layer,

    **.HwmpProtocol.minHopCost = false

    **.ETXEstimate = true // <-----------why the parameter does not exist in the hwmp or Etx. ned?

    I observer the following conditions:

    1. In the beginning, the ETX packet cannot estimate the link cost since it seems no neighbor exist (myAddress==msg->getNeighbors(i) is true, so the loop breaks ) in the handleEtxMessage()

    2. HWMP::GetLinkMetric(addr) call IEEE80211Etx::getAirtimeMetric(const MACAddress &addr, const int &iface), it seems miss one variable?

    Note that the route path can be worked successfully according to the minimal hop concept. This is because the metric always gets 0xFFFFFF = 268435455 and the best route with the smaller value is selected.

    thank you

    York

    stars york <yorkst...@gmail.com> Apr 21 02:39AM -0700

    Yes, I have updated this patch when you upload the new patch(4/18). :)
    Also, the airtime link metric is used successfully for hwmp routing.

    But I want to know how to get the airtime metric value in the simulation in
    detail.

    I found that the code has been embedded in the radio.cc to get the some
    parameters used for calculate airtime link metric
    if (radioModel->haveTestFrame())
    {
    cinfo->setAirtimeMetric(true);

    cinfo->setTestFrameDuration(radioModel->calculateDurationTestFrame(airframe));
    double snirMin = pow(10.0, (airframe->getSnr()/ 10));

    cinfo->setTestFrameError(radioModel->getTestFrameError(snirMin,airframe->getBitrate()));
    cinfo->setTestFrameSize(radioModel->getTestFrameSize());
    }

    These parameters are independent from ETX parameter settings such as ETX
    packet size?
    I am not clear about the process for estimating airtime link metric.

    Thank you,

    Alfonso Ariza Quintana於 2014年4月21日星期一UTC+8下午5時20分54秒寫道:

    Mohamad Sbeiti <sbeiti...@googlemail.com> Apr 21 05:11AM -0700

    Dear York,
    regarding the calculation of the airtime link metric, have a look on the
    following mesthods in the file: Ieee80211Etx.cc

    Method1: Ieee80211Etx::receiveChangeNotification

    // code snippet 1
    if (snrDataTime.airtimeMetric)
    snrDataTime.airtimeValue =
    (uint32_t)ceil((snrDataTime.testFrameDuration/10.24e-6)/(1-snrDataTime.testFrameError));

    // code snippet 2
    if (snrDataTime.airtimeMetric)
    {
    // found the best
    uint32_t cost = 0xFFFFFFFF;

    for (unsigned int i = 0; i <
    ng->signalToNoiseAndSignal.size(); i++)
    {

    if (ng->signalToNoiseAndSignal[i].airtimeMetric &&
    cost > ng->signalToNoiseAndSignal[i].airtimeValue)
    cost =
    ng->signalToNoiseAndSignal[i].airtimeValue;
    }
    ng->setAirtimeMetric(cost);
    }
    else
    ng->setAirtimeMetric(0xFFFFFFF);
    }

    Method2: Ieee80211Etx::getAirtimeMetric

    Best regards
    Mohamad

    stars york <yorkst...@gmail.com> Apr 21 06:00AM -0700

    Dear Mohamad,

    Yes, I have studied these data and know the ETX process.

    Besides methods 1 and 2, I am studying the duration computation in the
    ieee80211radioModel.cc and Radio.cc.
    I got two different frame duration
    snrDataTime.testFrameDuration = 0.000232
    snrDataTime.testFrameDuration = 0.001448
    I am looking for the reasons and I think I need to take a lot of time to
    trace the detail processes.

    I appreciate Alfronso and Mohamad very much
    Thanks
    BRs,
    York

    Mohamad Sbeiti於 2014年4月21日星期一UTC+8下午8時11分32秒寫道:

    Mohamad Sbeiti <sbeiti...@googlemail.com> Apr 21 06:57AM -0700

    Dear York,

    the testframe duration is first calculated at the PHY layer in radio.cc
    (sendUp):
    if (radioModel->haveTestFrame())
    {
    cinfo->setAirtimeMetric(true);

    cinfo->setTestFrameDuration(radioModel->calculateDurationTestFrame(airframe));
    double snirMin = pow(10.0, (airframe->getSnr()/ 10));

    cinfo->setTestFrameError(radioModel->getTestFrameError(snirMin,airframe->getBitrate()));
    cinfo->setTestFrameSize(radioModel->getTestFrameSize());
    }

    It is then updated at the MAC layer in IEEE80211Mac.cc(handleLowerMsg):
    double frameDuration = cinfo->getTestFrameDuration() +
    controlFrameTxTime(LENGTH_ACK)+rtsTime;
    cinfo->setTestFrameDuration(frameDuration);
    }

    So in case you are using a fix PHY data rate (autobitrate is false), the
    duration of the frame should be the same as long as the size of the frame
    is not varying. However, if the PHY data rate is not fix, the duration
    might change even if the size of the frame is not changing.

    Best regards
    Mohamad

    Sh Asaadi <shima....@gmail.com> Apr 21 03:33AM -0700

    Hi,
    I want to know where is the function or statement that when the source
    receives the first rrep, sets the route to its destination?
    Many thanks,

    Jairo Bustos Heredia <jairo.bust...@gmail.com> Apr 21 03:24AM -0700

    No one can help me out?????

    El viernes, 11 de abril de 2014 11:19:40 UTC+2, Jairo Bustos Heredia