Speed in SUMO vs Omnet

Milos Milojevic

Jul 24, 2013, 2:54:15 PM7/24/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I specified the speed for all the vehicles in sumo rou file to be max 2.5.

However when I run simulation and in recorded results in veins I look at the speed vector I can see it goes up to 13.

Does anyone know what might be the catch with this?

Thanks,

Milos

Christoph Sommer

Jul 25, 2013, 6:36:53 AM7/25/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Milos Milojevic wrote:
> I specified the speed for all the vehicles in sumo rou file to be max 2.5.
>
> However when [...] in veins I look at the speed vector I can see it goes up to 13.

What steps did you already try to investigate this?

What version of SUMO and Veins are you using?

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Institute of Computer Science

Milos Milojevic

Jul 25, 2013, 7:54:34 AM7/25/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristoph,

Well I am using veins example simulation and when I record results I can see the spped dependance of time (vector). Speed is going up t 13 (km/h I guess). Before running the simulation I changed erlangen sumo file to manhattan sumo file which I created. In this file I set  up max speed in manhattan.rou.xml to 2.5 (m/s I guess, which is ~10km/h).

I use sumo 0.17.0, veins 2.1 and omnet 4.3.

Thanks

Christoph Sommer

Jul 25, 2013, 8:24:46 AM7/25/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Milos Milojevic wrote:
> I am using veins example simulation and when I record results I can see
> the spped dependance of time (vector). Speed is going up t 13 (km/h I
> guess). Before running the simulation I changed erlangen sumo file to
> manhattan sumo file which I created. In this file I set up max speed in
> manhattan.rou.xml to 2.5 (m/s I guess, which is ~10km/h).
>
> I use sumo 0.17.0, veins 2.1 and omnet 4.3.

this sounds interesting. How can I reproduce the problem on my machine?

Milos Milojevic

Jul 25, 2013, 8:39:37 AM7/25/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I attached my sumo files so you can put it in veins example folder, change omnetpp.ini file to manhattan.sumo.cfg. Also in the config.xml file delete shadowing part since I dont have obstacles in my sumo files. This should work.

Best,

Milos

On Thursday, 25 July 2013 11:36:53 UTC+1, Christoph Sommer wrote:
manhattan.zip

Christoph Sommer

Jul 26, 2013, 10:46:02 AM7/26/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Milos,

Milos Milojevic wrote:
>> On Thursday, 25 July 2013 11:36:53 UTC+1, Christoph Sommer wrote:
>> Milos Milojevic wrote:
>>> I specified the speed for all the vehicles in sumo rou file to be max 2.5.
>>>
>>> However when [...] in veins I look at the speed vector I can see it goes up to 13.
>>
>> What steps did you already try to investigate this?
>>
> I attached my sumo files

I ran your SUMO simulation on my machine and there, too, your cars were
going at 13 m/s. Your SUMO configuration files must have an error; most
probably, you did not set the vehicle type correctly.

Milos Milojevic

Aug 6, 2013, 2:17:38 PM8/6/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Cristoph. You were right I put vtype instead of vType!

Best,
Milos

Amr Abughazala

Jul 7, 2015, 7:53:46 PM7/7/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I don't have the problem of vType but I noticed that decreasing the speed in sumo is reflecting by decreasing speed in veins but increasing up to 100 km/h >> 55.5 m/s is not reflecting to veins and maximum I am getting 15 km/hr.

I also want to know what other than obstacles I can delete and If I didn't delete is it affecting my simulation in any way?

Amr Abughazala

Jul 30, 2015, 4:47:45 AM7/30/15
to OMNeT++ Users, amr.abu...@gmail.com