Cannot configure 5.1.1 on win 10 x64

cjke...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 5:38:45 PM5/11/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Here's what happens

/c/opt/omnetpp-5.1.1$ ./configure
configure: loading site script /mingw64/etc/config.site
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh src/utils/config.sub

config.log attached.
config.log

cjke...@gmail.com

May 16, 2017, 7:44:16 PM5/16/17
to OMNeT++ Users
This was due to mactype. Fix: https://github.com/msys2/msys2/issues/25

Rudolf Hornig

May 17, 2017, 10:07:00 AM5/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
I'm unable to reproduce this on our win10 build machine and I don't really understand the bugreport and the resultion (what is mactype?).

Is there a way to reproduce this?

cjke...@gmail.com

May 17, 2017, 11:00:18 AM5/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
mactype is a replacement for the font rendering engine on windows. Somehow, it messes with msys2 and all the processes spawned inside (including bash). So, a simple sed in a configure file was failing, which is why omnet++ was not compiling.

Don't worry about, everything is fixed now. If any users in the future come across this issue, then they know to disable mactype and that it has nothing to do with omnetpp.

Rudolf Hornig

May 18, 2017, 9:18:57 AM5/18/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for the info.